ComicMovieGeeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Masters, Imagination Directors.

+2
Dingo
Comander.c
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Game Masters, Imagination Directors.  Empty Game Masters, Imagination Directors.

Post by Comander.c Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:02 pm

Game Masters: They all have their own styles. A way to tell a story, to run a fight. A way to Direct players and the world they are in.

So what Famous Director is your Game master?

Comment on why you agree or disagree.

Last edited by Comander.c on Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Comander.c
Comander.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Game Masters, Imagination Directors.  Empty Re: Game Masters, Imagination Directors.

Post by Comander.c Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:06 pm

Dingo: Peter Jackson.

Cowboy: Quintin Tarenteno.

Comander.c: Micheal Bay.

Popdart: Alfred Hitchcock.
Comander.c
Comander.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Game Masters, Imagination Directors.  Empty Re: Game Masters, Imagination Directors.

Post by Comander.c Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Dylan: George Lucas
Comander.c
Comander.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Comander.c Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:13 pm

Stones: Guillermo del Toro
Comander.c
Comander.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:15 pm

Wow. You actually think I'm a Peter Jackson style GM? I'm pretty happy with that!

But... why?
Dingo
Dingo
Level 2 Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Comander.c Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:16 pm

Skits: It's the beard.
Comander.c
Comander.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Comander.c Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:20 pm

You go with a Cinematic game style.

Grand epic adventures that we can see in our heads.

Engaging memorable NPC's and background characters.

Super fleshed out world/ universe.

Lots of talking, and planning around tables in a way that develops the characters.

Also, The side plots and NPC's also have that habit of growing into such proportions that they overshadow the main plot. Razz
Comander.c
Comander.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:35 pm

[quote defaultattr=""]Also, The side plots and NPC's also have that habit of growing into such proportions that they overshadow the main plot.[/quote]

Guilty. Rolling Eyes
Dingo
Dingo
Level 2 Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Popdart5 Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:41 pm

I can see that. Not that I'm complaining because I think it fits quite well.
Popdart5
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

http://taynumenera.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowboy Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:23 pm

HA! Quintin! I do like blood, gore and intrigue.

well if any of my stuff is like Inglourious Basterds or Django Unchained then im happy

Also, its cool to lable GMs like this, but what about Players? All Player Characters, despite how much the concepts might vary, are still comprised of at least 40% (arbitrary Number) of their own dominate personality traits. What Film or TV characters frequently rear their fictional heads in your games?

Dom: Movie/ Losers Character/Cougar
Blake: Movie/ Around the World in 80 days Character/ Phileas Fogg
Minion: Movie/ The Core Character/Rat
Skitz: Movie/The Heat Character/Sarah Ashburn
Harris: TV Show/ GoT Character/Edard Stark

I like to think my characters are fequently like: TV Show/ House of Cards Character/ Francis Underwood  

That's the best i can come up with atm, there probably more accurate characters, but this is a discussion forum so discuss away Razz
Cowboy
Cowboy
Level 2 Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Comander.c Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:08 pm

For most of Skit's characters, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], easy.

Don't get the Rat reference for Mitch either (looked rat up, only fits 1 char from a game only i and dingo would recall).

Cougar definitely fits my current char however.
Comander.c
Comander.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowboy Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:13 pm

Minion has always been a expert/tech savy character who ends up being a strong asset and strong team player. Weather it be knowledge, technology, information or other.
Cowboy
Cowboy
Level 2 Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Comander.c Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:21 pm

Also for cowboy, particular reference to Blake's game but also applies for a few others: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Comander.c
Comander.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Comander.c Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:23 pm

Yea but he is also always a badass on the front line. Vek had the most raw power in a fight out of the entire group. His current Char is Han Solo with a first aid kit. Blake's he is a Space wizard in platemail who considers tech to be magic.

He's never playing a 'Ratty' or weedy char.
Comander.c
Comander.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowboy Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:33 pm

Then you miss interstate the intention of character assignment. I was aiming for personality and approach. Not physical manifestation. You can roll character sheets, stat lines and choice of class/role/whatever. I mean the mentalities and problem solving.

Rat is creative but logical, he works towards team goals and cooperates.

Also. Note the fine print. "The best I can do/ probably more accurate"
Cowboy
Cowboy
Level 2 Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Comander.c Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:51 pm

Aha! Found one, Minion is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], from Cowboy Bebop.
Comander.c
Comander.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowboy Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:02 pm

That's about right, spesh the party popper and the coffee machine
Cowboy
Cowboy
Level 2 Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Comander.c Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:06 pm

hehe, that was Spike, who from my limited experience honestly would fit Nork.

Jet's the one that out of nowhere drops from the ceiling.

Support characters who drop in out of she shadows (or sleeping) to play a pivotal role at the best possible moment. He is a support character who, tho loyal, often looks at the rest of us like we are a bunch of muppets, but still helps us in the thick our muppetry to get the job done, quite often piping in right at the end of planning with something enlightening and completely out of the box.

Last edited by Comander.c on Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Comander.c
Comander.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowboy Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:09 pm

Well you'd know better, you've GM'd and played in more games. Jet is fitting
Cowboy
Cowboy
Level 2 Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:00 pm

I like the comparisons. Here's my perspective on it:

Cowboy:
Grand Chessmaster... with the patience of a checkers player. "In eleven turns I shall win, but dammit where's my gun and why am I still dealing with you?."
Dom:
Base building architect who gets lost in his own details. "27 floors, 8 sub-basements, 12 defensive fall-back points, but seriously, how shiny are those doornobs eh? And did you SEE how much beer is in the bar"
Skits:
A modern day bard of Player Story, and the worst luck at the most critical times. "I would sing you the song of my people, but the lute exploded during a full house rehearsal. No survivors. And the ice is on fire."
Mitch:
Gorram narcoleptic super-genius. Luls GM's into a false state of security and then stabs them in the plot with lateral thinking. "We could do it that way, or do this, this, this, and win. <rolls crit sucess> Like that."
Blake:
A man determined to RP despite every shred of logic telling him it's a bad idea. And we bloody well love it.
"I lick the moss..." "... why? What does that button do?" "...why yes, I did steal the dragons treasure? Why do you ask?" 

And finally, me:

Murray:
A over-reaching control freak losing his mind because it's all based on chance, and his best friends warp reality in their own favor.
Seriously.
What the hell.

"91% chance of this working out, 3 weeks of prep, and 30 pages of story ready to go. Probably wont get past the first session."
Dingo
Dingo
Level 2 Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowboy Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:06 pm

Nice! Nat 20, gig and all that ^^
Cowboy
Cowboy
Level 2 Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Comander.c Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:24 pm

HAHAHA, Nice!
Comander.c
Comander.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Skits Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:38 pm

Bahahahaha accurate! WHY IS THE ICE ON FIRE. XD
Skits
Skits
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swoosh Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:20 am

i wish i was capable of planning things, i have tried in the past but then i get distracted by something shinny and the the party full of monstrous creatures stealth kills 12 acolytes with a mahogany table.
Swoosh
Swoosh
NPC Militia

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:37 pm

Swoosh wrote:...stealth kills 12 acolytes with a mahogany table.

DETAILS MAN. WE NEED DETAILS.
Dingo
Dingo
Level 2 Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next