Idle Banter: Conversations of AIS1

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Idle Banter: Conversations of AIS1

Post by Popdart5 on Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:42 pm

"Nothing at all," responded Caradoc as he adjusted his bed and laid out his recruit uniform. It was such a garish thing. "It appears that the Master at Arms gets rather prickly at having her authority challenged. I know her type, likes being in charge and all that."

He stowed his spare equipment in the foot locker at the end of his bed when he turned to look directly at Severian. "Her attitude annoyed me. I reminded her that rank and position mean nothing in the eyes of the Emperor and apparently that counted as insubordination. All has been rectified though."

Caradoc started walking past Malachai who clambered up to the bunk above his own and nodded at Castella as he looked around the main area of AIS1. He smiled warmly at the other agents who only returned cold stares at him. "And besides," he called back into the room, "better to be watched and hated than loved and ignored. Hatred is the Emperor's greatest gift to humanity, as it should be."
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

View user profile http://taynumenera.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Comander.c on Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:18 pm

As Caradoc walked past Severian, he nimbly dodged out of the way, deftly swiping his Datapad, and swiftly checking the last messages sent whilst Caradoc looked around. 

Severian was quick to replace the Datapad back among Caradoc's old clothes, to cover up the Theft. 

"I appreciate your skills in the field, Brother. But please remember it is my role to be loved and ignored, that i may strike down the enemy's you Illuminate" Severian wandered to the doorway looking over their new home, taking care to stand back and out of sight from the other belligerent units. 

"I feel that i may yet simply tag ourselves as the Expendables, by the looks of things our brother's in arms already have. May as well make it official."

Level 4 Journeyman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skits on Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:03 am

Cas finished stowing her gear, then sat down heavily on her own bunk, the bed creaking slightly beneath her. "I suppose it's too late for me to try and get reassigned, isn't it?" she deadpanned as she leaned forward, propping her elbows on her knees as she watched Severian peer out through the doorway. "I'd much rather people pointed their hatred at the enemy instead of pointing it at you - and me by proxy."
Skits
Level 3 Sojourner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Comander.c on Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:16 am

Severian walked back into the room, and climbed up onto his bunk. "The Emperor Protects." Severian said "For all the Grief he causes" He said a little louder, for Caradoc's benefit "I actually trust his presence to get us out alive more than any gear the Inquisition has given us thus far. And you, and Malachai too." 

Severian began to inspect the tender scar in his abdomen. "The Emperor Protected, he Provided what we would need. The High caliber round that hit me.... The beast on the train... The flack vest offered no protection." 

Severian looked down at Malachai, who had began to Disassemble his holdout on the fresh mattress. "You saved my life both times. With gear the Emperor provided. Not the Inquisitor. He sent us to die." 

Severian lay back in his cot, breathing deeply, trying to forget the pain and anger of Arose. Knowing he would never succeed. "But... I have faith. Faith in the Emperor. He got us out, and perhaps he sent us to this Captain Morroe. Either way, let the others shun us. We will Illuminate them yet. Perhaps not in training, but in the field." 

Level 4 Journeyman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Popdart5 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:41 am

"That is all that is required of us," Caradoc said as he turned back to face the rest of the merry band of agents that he was a member of. "We live, we die, all is for the Emperor. Honestly, I'm doing this for my faith. And to prove that we are anything but expendable. Because there has been enough of that in this sector."

He sized up the rest of the team. Castella with her fresh cybernetic leg giving her a bit of discomfort. Severian with a perpetual smug look upon his face. Malachai merely not having a care in the world.

"We," Caradoc pointed at everyone in turn, "we are among the most privileged men and women to go before the grace of the Emperor. We can make this Imperium a better place by rooting out the alien, the heretic, and the traitor. That is our purpose. It is thankless but we do it anyway, if only to show that we can. That humanity is worth saving. Because heck, if the Emperor has ascended louts such as us into his magnificent service, then imagine if the best of humanity could benefit as we have."
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

Back to top Go down

Post by Skits on Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:48 am

"The Emperor has provided for us all so far," Castella murmured, then gave Caradoc a lopsided smile. "I can see why they made you a priest, Caradoc. You have an inspiring way with words."

She retrieved her chainsword from where she had stashed it and began checking it over, link by link. "Though if I can continue serving the Emperor without any more near-death experiences any time soon, that would be fantastic," she added wryly. "I quite like living, and I'd rather not lose any more body parts."
Skits
Level 3 Sojourner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Comander.c on Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:49 am

Severian laughed. Not a smug laugh, but with genuine mirth. "You know, you actually managed to inspire me for a moment there, brother. But you're initial point stands. There are more than enough soldiers sacrificed, some necessary for Hos great Imperium. But for too many there could have been a better way. The others don't need to like us, we will save them irrelevant."

Level 4 Journeyman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Popdart5 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:16 am

Caradoc laughed alongside his comrades and smiled. This was what he had been trained for by the Ministorum: to show people that, despite any situation, the Emperor knows that your life is a life spent in dedication of him. Those who spat on His bounty, including the KSO, were to be spared no quarter. Suffer not the heretic and the traitor.

"Well," he moved back to his bunk to ensure his equipment was still intact. "I think I'll relax a little bit before Captain Morroe summons us for training. Let me know if any of the other squads fancy a chat."
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

Back to top Go down

Post by Skits on Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:36 am

"Relaxing sounds like a fantastic idea," Castella replied with a nod. "I get the feeling that we won't get much of a chance to relax for a long time after this. Speaking of training, though..."

She looked over at Severian, one eyebrow raised. "How's your torso? This training's probably going to be rough, if it's what I suspect it is. Are you going to be able to keep up with that hole through you?"
Skits
Level 3 Sojourner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowboy on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:39 am

The new recruits continued their chatter for a few moments longer, and then settled into the rhythms of their personal activities for the hours that followed.

******Time Passed********

Time past and those who cared to notice realized the temperature had dropped dramatically, moments later the bunk hall doors opened reveling Morroe wielding a industrial hose and a wicked grin. The hose was immediately turned on and used to blast each of the recruits physically and mentally out of rec time. The water was ice cold and the pressure was strong. Captain or, Interrigator Morroe, if his official uniform was anything to go from, began to bark. Corporals then quickly entered the room carrying a standard pack for each recruit.

Morroe beconed "Get up you guppy f@&$s, rec time ends now!"

The recruits launched to their feet, shivering from the ice water. A few of them were also sure that the thermos was turned down to, as the metal bunk hall offered no refuge from their now soaking beds.

Morroe continued has the shivering got dressed. " these are the corporals of AIS1, and they have kindly offered to personally give you the attention you deserve. A favor they hope will repay the kind gesture you gave the entire unit. Be polite and thank your Corporals for their help! Then March your asses to the training deck. Any time you cock up today ladies, you will be rewarded with a ammo run lap at the end of today's training!"

Last edited by Cowboy on Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Level 2 Adventurer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowboy on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:54 am

After a brisk run carrying their training equipment through the ships emergency halls, completely ignoring the elevators the recruits, their personal trainers and Morroe arived 5 floors above the Hab decks. They were then forced to access the training hall through the maintenance crawl tunnels usually used by servitors as the temperature steadily rose. Dressed to compensate for the cold tempratures used to wake them, the 5 quickly began to sweat in the tight space. Eventually and at the peek of the heat the squad fell to the floor of the training hall.

The room was huge, football field sized training pits designed to simulate different environments. The recruits eyes then fell on the individuals infront of them. Morroe and the Corprals were waiting.

"Pick up your shit! There's not time for lying around like dead fish. Get you as onto that sand"

Morroe pointed at the huge desert simulation field. The protesting was quickly met with a tally for how many ammo runs the squad would have to do at the end of the days training.

"By the time we are done with you asshats, you'll be the best AIS1 has to offer. Now get the knees up! Move! Move! Move!"

Last edited by Cowboy on Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Level 2 Adventurer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Popdart5 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:55 pm

"Let it never be said that the Emperor found us wanting," Caradoc declared as he launched into the brutal training regimen.

*****TIME PASSES*****

Caradoc staggered back into his quarters in the AIS1 barracks and collapsed on his bunk. He groaned as he felt his muscles tense up and the artificial sunburn scratched on his forehead. Better crippled in body than corrupt in mind, as Preacher Yarpen taught.

"Hey Castella," Caradoc said as he craned his neck over to look at her bunk, "did the Imperial Guard have as many sadists and petty dictators as this ship seems to have?"
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

Back to top Go down

Post by Comander.c on Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:47 pm

Severian had been sifting his lists of known contacts, holding and guild-bank accounts he still had from his past life, trying to memorize the various aliases he had them stored under to protect from being traced. At this rate he was fast realizing that the five days before deployment left him little chance to prepare much, and he would be unable to send out messages and establishing a usable network would not be possible until days into the mission. 

His next thoughts were more along the line of "By the Emperors Frosty Balls thats Cold!". 

It was no small feat that Severian was able to filter that out to "By the Emperor!" and tone the end so sound much more exuberant than he felt as he got blasted by the hose. Time to to what he did best, and lie. 

The problem that he his lie involved being a capable soldier was something he would have to figure out on the fly.

He fell in line behind Castella as they were lead out, following her more experienced lead in matters of drill. Keeping up was not a problem. Staying there was. 

By the time they hit the end of the overheated servitor tunnels, Severian was struggling to control his body. He was progressing on the stubborn will he would expect of a Grunt.

He responded to Caradoc with a "Hooh-Rah" that sounded much more impressive to his addled senses. The UV lights began to intensify to simulate sweltering desert conditions, and Severian followed the team into the sand course. He recalled movement, getting to the top of a wall, and reaching back and helping Caradoc to the Top. 

*****TIME PASSES*****

That was the last thing Severian recalls before wakening up. The Medicae told him is he could walk, he was free to go, and threw him a new prescription for the next two days. Apparently he passed out rather spectacularly, mid vomit, atop the first wall in the course. Hypothermia, a dislocated shoulder, and a mild concussion. Severian was suspicious the well prepared, nonchalant medical personnel. 

It was almost as if they had half expected this exact eventuality. 

Severian returned to his bunk, two hours after the others, and began to prepare himself for the inevitable ribbing from Cas. When he got back, he was actually surprised to find a message confirming an appointment for AIS-1 in the Armory in twenty-two hours.

Level 4 Journeyman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skits on Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:09 pm

Castella barely managed to bite back a string of expletives as the icy water hit. Her furious indignation helped to ward off the chill as she geared up and followed Morroe out.

The mental litany of internal cursing continued throughout the arduous training, and intensified when Severian passed out rather spectacularly. But she couldn't spend too much time worrying about him as the trainers pushed the rest of the squad onwards, even as the medics carted Sev off.

- - - - - -

When the squad returned to their quarters, Castella didn't even bother crossing the room to her own bunk. Instead, she just dropped to the floor and sprawled on her back, panting and pale beneath the light sunburn.

"If they did, Caradoc, I was fortunate enough to avoid them - probably because of the whole noble blood thing," she groaned in reply. "Emperor's teeth, my legs are killing me."

It was some time before she managed to peel herself up off the floor and hobble to the showers, the stumps of her recently-amputated legs still burning beneath the bionics. This time when she returned to their quarters, she managed to make it all the way to her own bunk before flopping down on it, her legs still hanging over the side. She didn't bother moving until she heard Severian return, and even then she only rolled her head to one side to peer at what she could see of him.

"Hey, you're still alive," Cas commented dryly by means of greeting, though she couldn't quite hide the relief in her face. "You moron."
Skits
Level 3 Sojourner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Popdart5 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:33 pm

Caradoc heard the telltale sound of Castella's move away from him as he continued to lay in his bunk. He was sure that if he moved even a micrometre then the pain would flare all over his body. For now, he was content to just lay there.

He could not tell how much time had passed since he first collapsed on his bed but Caradoc awoke to find that Castella had returned from wherever she had gone. Severian was back too, although it seems he was also feeling worse for wear.

"Now, now Castella," Caradoc winced as he levered himself into a sitting position and looked at both her and Severian. "There is no sense in kicking a man while he is down. I believe that there's has been more than enough of that today." Caradoc tried to stand up and stretch but his skin and muscles felt as if they had hardened into adamantium and it caused him terrible pain. He gave up part way through this exercise and returned to sitting down in a slouched position.

"I must thank you Severian for helping me over that first wall, however if I had known how it would have affected you I probably would have refused your aid. Are you feeling any better? Remember that success is measured in the blood, sweat, and tears that you shed in achieving it. Hard work will conquer everything we set our minds to, now and in the future. Have faith Severian, Castella, Malachai, Zerath," Caradoc nodded at each in turn as he dutifully made the sign of the aquila over his chest, "the Emperor is watching and we will not fail Him."
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowboy on Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:56 pm

Copping with the post training fatigue felt in varying intensity, the team continued to bond as the time passed. Each once more regressing to a familiar activity or tending a pressing matter.

*****Hours Passed*******

As the dwindling afternoon turned into night Morroe once more appeared at the threshold of the bunk. He perused his handy work, without sadistic pleasure, but more with a hint of concern. A concern a mentor would have for students after pushing them to their limits.

The team could here the relaxed warmth Morroe greeted them with during their first meeting in the Hospice discharge hall. He was once more casually wearing his Captain's uniform, and had the charismatic air one would associate with their favourite teacher in school.  

"And that's why we don't tick off the Quarter Master 1C. A lesson to be learnt today, if nothing else would be, together we succeed, divided we fail. Lt. Morning can be difficult at times, but there is no one on this ship who hasn't been pulled out of the fire as a direct result of her abilities, including you. Tit for tat aside, each of you need to know you did well today. Even hump-de-dump-te over there. Anyway, without food the healing process will take longer, and being hungry isn't generally a fun thing in itself. AIS1 has decided to wait for you in the mess hall for a proper welcome. Best foot forward guys, acceptance comes with participation."

Level 2 Adventurer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Comander.c on Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:08 am

"Moron?" Severian said with faux indignation "My dear i would not dare to intrude upon your chosen territory. My failures were purely physiological." he said.

As Severian began to stow his kit, he smiled at Caradoc's Comment, and said in a more serious tone "No, we Will not, Brother."

He continued "I still would have offered if you needed it. That said, Pulling you up was really just a 'last straw'. My body was in Hyperthermic Shock by the time i entered the course. I was already done for, i had just failed to comprehend just how bad it was. Turns out you don't get a second wind from that sort of thing." Severian punctuated his last sentence more jovially. 

******Hours Passed********

As Cpt. Morroe entered the teams billet, Severian noticed the change manner in which the Interrogator presented himself. Morroe presented himself well to the soldiers of AIS, exactly what a force made up of such decimated men and women needed. 

It was exactly why Severion trusted nothing of him. He was too perfect, too tailored to any given situation. Severian had no doubts the Interrogator was chosen for his duty for very good reason, and that the Captain knew how to represent himself in exacting detail to achieve the best impression. It was the first concession he had seen to morale since joining the inquisition. 

He did not trust it. He simply did not believe it was genuine. Because it was Exactly what he would have done, and Severian's social and political skills were the strength that made him more than just a sniper, they were what made him such an Assassin. They were why he was recruited into the Inquisition. 

That said, unlike the Inquisitor, Severian did not begrudge the Interrogator for it. It was a job that needed to be done so that the members of AIS would charge back into the Inquisitors next meat-grinder. Even the grueling experience of the course was something Severian could not bring himself to hold against the Captain. He knew what to expect. 

Severian listened to the Captain. The speech was good. It was exactly what he expected. He made sure to pretend it had any effect. As the unit filed out to the mess hall, Severian physically and mentally prepared for Combat.

Level 4 Journeyman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowboy on Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:38 am

The team once more followed Morroe from their bunk hall. This time the set pace was a considerate one, a light walk that took advantage of the elevator network on board the Maverick. Eventually they stepped through the arches granting passage into the mess hall, which at this time was largely empty with the exception of the entire AIS1 unit sitting together in waiting, entirely making up for the lack of other patrons in noise.

At a glance the unit was obviously divided into teams, as they sat in small groups within the larger huddle. However, all the agents present talked and carried on with eachother in jovial form. One of the agents called across the hall.

"Damn Cap, you've been ages. Can we eat now?" Agent Vince called
"Vince? Sid-down" Moroe delivered his retort with dry humor, the verbal version of a slap over the head.

Vince quickly took is position back in his seat, giving a hopeful glance at the kitchen buffet table. Captain Morroe, stepped to a neutral position and began to speak again.

"Right AIS1, this is 1C. All of you have heard of them, but none of you have met them. We all know they were the reason you had to master SS basic again, but there have been a number of occasions where some of you have pissed off the Q and repercussions were greater. So get over yourselves. Having that being said, the corporals and I personally saw to their reprimand, so move on, or ill be hosing your down next..."

The Captain paused, a twinkle shone in his eye and humor glowed from his expressions. The seconds turned into awkward moments as the more famished agents started skewering in their seats.

"I thought i had something else to add... hmm... no, its gone. Alright you can now go e..." Morroe gleamed.

a involuntary cry sounded from Vince "oh, come-on!"

Morroe's gaze shot to Vince and his crew with a cunning smile, "Team blackout, your last"

The team let out a heavy sigh and badgered Vince in protested. One of the two women on the team then, in a fluent motion, cupped the back of Vince's head and arched it with surprising grace into the table top. The rest of Blackout and several surrounding AIAs laughed at his appropriate punishment. Agents scrambled into well motivated action. A few moments of rough housing eventually resulted in a formal line as the agents eagerly shuffled towards sustenance and victory.

A handful of other AIAs moved at a more respectable pace, and one lingered at the central table and beckoned 1C.

"1C, over here." The man said openly while gesturing to empty seats.

Like the others, he was not wearing his uniform or displaying any rank. His build was that of a standard Imperial regular. His cloths were an assortment of grays and blacks, a hooded knit covered by a form fit leather jacket, strong denims and finger-less gloves. His stubble had been allowed to grow in but was neatly maintained and his hair was a thick and wavy.

Level 2 Adventurer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Comander.c on Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:37 pm

Severian was surprised that there was no hazing ritual prepared. His experiences outside the inquisition had prepared him to expect one in any fraternal organisation. 

He silenced the warnings of caution in his mind, thinking that it was best to save them for later. He suspected that they would not haze new members in front of the Captain. 

Severian settle into the easy going personality that was most conducive to burgeoning camaraderie. 

Seeing the spare seats the man was indicating, Severian lead the squad to take a seat, and set about integrating themselves in with the rest of AIS.

"Sup, Sorry for the holdup. Still outta whack on ship time.. they should really announce this shit." Severian said with an easy smile and warm laugh.

Level 4 Journeyman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skits on Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:51 am

Castella followed Morroe from the bunk hall, still limping despite the lighter pace. Once they reached the mess hall, she paid scant attention to the antics of Morroe and the rest of AIS1, unimpressed and unconvinced by the apparent joviality. Instead she scanned the area for potential entrances, cover, and escape routes.

When one of the AIS1 men called and gestured them over to some seats, Castella limped along after Severian. She eased herself into a chair with a wince, then carefully stretched her legs out in front of her with a quiet sight of relief. "Thanks," she said to the man with a nod, then added with a faint, wry smile, "1C is so formal. Just call us the Expendables."
Skits
Level 3 Sojourner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowboy on Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:56 pm

The man scratched his stubble with a smile and proceeded to make charismatic gestures as he spoke.

"Alright, the Expendables. A little foreboding, but not entirely of target. Well me and mine prefer Bull Bars. That's them over there, Reece, Wingnut, Gritz, Taeya, Cruze, and I'm Merv."

Merv appraised each recruit as he spoke. He continued with a lighter demeanor.

"You lot look sore in more ways than one. If you want my opinion, you shouldn't pout. I mean yeah, getting you asses drilled across the simulators is never fun but there is merit in it. Like one time the Sky Seekers flew the unit into enemy territory, we through the border was another click out. The missile systems started howling and everyone had to bale. Me and mine were about to loose the Germima so we jumped in her and reversed that tank out of the air hatch. Then we flew that leman russ to safety. Morning had us complete basic, advanced and combat training for Armour, Air and navigation before we were even allow to even think about putting the vehicles up for deployment requisition again. The merit? we know those vehicles inside and out, we no every tic, whistle and cough. We know what she'll take and what shes hates, hell if the think ate icecream, we'd know its favorite flavor. I'm pretty sure it'd be salted caramel. The point is, we are elite because we work together, but also because we train... hard. You guys got off lightly with enhanced basic training and SS basic. Anyway, we better get some food, the other mongrels will eat our share if we don't fight for it."

Level 2 Adventurer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Popdart5 on Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:32 pm

Caradoc tapped the side of his head and tilted his neck. Even though the simulation had been hours ago, he swore he could still feel sand in his ears. Captain Morroe's speech to all of AIS1 had delivered the usual pleasantries and introductions that he had expected and, as he took in the sights of all of the other acolytes and their teams, he could see a few stern looks and distasteful smirks. It appeared that they knew more of him than he knew of them.

When the slightly worn man waved them over, Caradoc was unsure what to make of him. The man, Merv as he called himself, described his own exploits and his own team's punishments to demonstrate that what happened today was not without precedent. That didn't make Caradoc feel any better though. It was one thing to cause pain and suffering to oneself as a result of his own actions, but it was quite another to have others punished for simple proximity.

As the rest of AIS1C and Merv began to move towards the serving benches, Caradoc excused himself and walked towards Team Blackout. They still sat there, waiting for everyone else to get their food as a result of Vince's tomfoolery. Caradoc made his way to their table and bowed courteously, feeling their stares bore into his sunburnt forehead.

"I believe that, in the interest of fairness, you should go before me as I am responsible for you having to complete the servo skull training again. And please, forgive me for my sins against you. I never wished you, nor anyone else here in this room, any harm for my actions. The Emperor will judge me for my failure."
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

Back to top Go down

Post by Skits on Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:41 pm

Castella nodded cordially as Merv introduced the rest of his squad. She remained unimpressed by his story though, and merely raised an eyebrow at him. "I'd be perfectly fine with such drills normally - I've been through Imperial Guard training before, after all," she commented dryly. "However, when eighty percent of my squad are still recovering from significant injuries and had just been released from medbay less than three hours before we were made to do said drilling, I am... not feeling very charitable regarding their reasons for it. I do not appreciate one of my squadmates - who is still recovering from being shot clean through his torso - being left with hypothermia, one nearly passing out from heatstroke, and me being left barely able to walk on these damned new bionics. We are not gaining anything but contempt and disdain for the command structure from the entire ordeal." She gave Merv a pleasant, albeit insincere, smile. "So if you don't mind, I'll pout as much as I damn well want. Especially since I am in no shape to be fighting anyone for anything right now."

As the others began moving towards the serving benches, Cas remained seated where she was, unwilling to move now that she was seated. She watched Caradoc head over to Blackout's table, then nodded approvingly at what she could hear of his words over the din in the mess hall.
Skits
Level 3 Sojourner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Comander.c on Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:06 am

Severian swiftly took the measure of Marv, and settled into a similar companionable demeanor. "It seemed rather apt a Name. Im Severian, This is Castella, Mordekai, Zerath and Caradok- Where'd he go" Severian turned around and spotted Caradoc walking over to Blackout Squad. 

As Castella Ranted, Severian took a step back, and looked at Marv with an expression that read 'your on your own bro'. When she was done, he put in his two credits worth "We're Just fatigued from it all, Life in the Army. Did things different in our previous forces, and it takes time to Acclimatize... especially with everything so inconsistent." Severian stopped for a moment to overhear what Caradoc was saying to Blackout squad. 

Turning back to Bull Bar's Table, he concluded "The training is good. Just way overdue. Wish they had considered us worth the investment before deploying us." He glanced back at Caradoc. "Ill be back, our resident 'priest' is setting a moral standard we need to go stand up to" he said with wry wit. 

Gesturing for Zerath and Mordekei to follow, he took a step towards Caradok. "Chill Caz, ill bring a plate when we're done, rest your stumps." In parting to Marv he smiled and said "You gotta tell us all about how you survived the fall in a Leman later, And if you're willing you can show us the ropes to this place so we stop getting tangled in the damned things."

As he walked to join Caradoc, Severian shared a look with Captain Morroe, a look that said "let us have this" and which he knew the Interrogator was sharp enough to read. Sev just hoped he was half as Sanguine he presented. 

Severian and the mobile members of Expendables squad joined Caradoc in a show of Squad Solidarity. 

They had heard, and said, many words to members of Mavericks Wake, but words were meaningless without action. Any bond forged with words was weak, it would be in the battlefield that mettle was tested, and true bonds were formed between brothers in arms.

So with no more words, the Unit stood together, and waited until Blackout took their place in front of them in the line.

Level 4 Journeyman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowboy on Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:51 pm

Team Blackout was a rough collection of individuals from the underbellies of hive and forge worlds. Each of them were sporting tattoos, and most had unique haircuts, such as Mohawks and buzz cuts with patterns shave into the remaining hair.

As Caradoc approached the team and practiced his version of diplomacy, team blackout only momentarily paused to observe the priest. They listened to what Caradoc had to say before glancing at the Cpt. With a sideways nod, the Cpt gestured towards the buffet granting the permission to accept Caradoc's gracious offer. With a combination of gratitude and scoundrel wit, blackout called as they shoved passed Caradoc and the other Expendables.

"Cheers priest"

As Blackout charged towards food, Severian gaze was caught by Morroe who made a tilted nod, as if to say 'your welcome'.

Eventually everyone had a meal in front of them, hot roasted meats, cooked veggies, pastas, bread and other carbs and proteins. Once everyone had settled back in the shifted to low murmuring and the simple sounds of cutlery on plates.

After making a good start on his meal, Merv attempted to ignite the conversation once more.
"Yeh AIS training is rougher than the Inquisition Guard training you received down stairs. They invest alot in us up here, some are built for it and others rise to the occasion, but then there are others that can't take it. I guess some just aren't up to helping the Emperor take out the trash or have been dooped into some kind of romanticized version of service. Some of these heretics and their cults are more organised and trained than most would care to admit. The investment command puts into us is in an effort to keep us alive, but we're given a certain level of autonomy. We aren't imperial guard after all, we're the inquisition. You might be sore now, but from my understanding, you needed to get through basic before the next deployment at the end of the week. I think it would have sucked it they left it any later and then deployed you feeling the way you do now. Besides, I think some serious shit is going down most are in the dark, or mission objectives are to concise and Intel is heavily compartmentalized."

Level 2 Adventurer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top