Mission 4: Enemy Unmasked

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mission 4: Enemy Unmasked

Post by Dingo on Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:51 am

Mission 4 Debrief:

Objective: Infiltrate and secure an oceanic resource platform located at coordinates [redacted]. Insertion will be via low altitude splash-down 15km west of the target. Approach should be made at a depth below 3 meters, but no deeper than 15 meters. By operating within these parameters both surface radar and sonar can be avoided.
Critical Parameter: Exterminate; All enemy forces encountered are to be destroyed.
Critical Parameter: Evasion: Scout Atash must survive the deployment. We cannot risk our fledgling alliance with the Shadowed Suns by getting one of their few scouts slain chasing an unproven lead. He has orders to abandon the mission as need demands.
Optional Parameter: Targets of Opportunity; Enemy leaders, enemy intel, or communications.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The recon team made a successful splash-down, and navigated to the platform without incident.
Breaching the perimeter of the platform was done with expected precision. Elimination of hostile forces proceeded as expected.

A vile Chosen of the traitorous Heralds was encountered and exterminated, and the manner in which the rebel forces were able to communicate so freely across the planet was revealed. The rebels had managed to re-purpose a navy communications/auspex array into planetside crypto-com grid. It is believed there may be many of such stations networked across Sothis. They are considered a high priority for seek and destroy.

The platform was secured but the array destroyed.
Scout Lance was critically injured and required extensive medicae care. He has been shipped back to Kalisi for prolonged treatment and reconstruction. His performance is under review, and a decision regarding his future shall be made within the month.
Scout Tarsonis has been commended for his leadership and has been approved for promotion to full Astartes.
Scout Atash has also been commended for his pivotal support and execution of the mission. We have passed on our recommendation for his promotion as well. Despite this he still disobeyed a command directive. While his presence was essential to the mission's success, his disobedience must also be recorded.

It has been decided to suspend the joint scout operation to allow time for healing and retraining. The operation will reactivate in approximately 6 months from now.

HANDLERS NOTE
The array is a surprise. Have to get the Navy Mechanicum to pick over the remains.

It's recorded that the apparent station master was killed by his own guard as he tried to flee. And the guard then committed suicide. What games are the damned Heralds playing at now?

Three scouts took down a Chosen Warrior of the Dark Ones. Astartes or not, I'm impressed.

I must formally protest the decision to record Scout Atash's actions as disobedience. He acted out of duty and loyalty.
There is nothing dishonorable nor derelict in this, and I would consider such an act a point of praise, not punishment.
The boy is odd, but dammit he's a good soldier, and a worthy Astartes.

Furthermore, Scout Lance defied all expectations, including my own, and performed his duty like the Astartes we hoped he'd be. Before the injury. Providing cover fire while blacking out from wounds that would stop an ork nob? Fighting to save his comrades while on a rig 50 feet above sea level WITH a documented fear of heights? THAT says Astartes to me more than any fool assessments the Apothacaries can mash together.

The Blood Raven did as we all expected. Tarsonis is one of Cyrus's lads. To say I'm unimpressed is a disservice... I just had no expectation of failure. And his actions support my assumption. I predict a good career for this one.

ADDENDUM 1: If you don't like my opinions then don't bloody well ask for them. You want to do itself Kathay? Go right ahead.

Level 2 Adventurer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mission 4: Enemy Unmasked

Post by Comander.c on Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:02 pm

A copy of this report has been forwarded from Scout Master Cyrus to Chaplain Kathay with the following brief comments added:

The more things change, The more they stay the same. Cockroaches that do not know well enough to die when crushed beneath your boot.

Neophyte Lance did well, he chose not to die, That shows that his sense of purpose has been restored. If your Scout Masters agree, I would say he is ready for advancement. Encourage him, and he will do well.

=L= Neophyte Atash has faced down the dark potential of his legion, he was not found wanting. i could fathom no better right of passage. =L=

Neophyte Tarsonus shall be known as Neopyte no longer. He will ascend with his brothers, and also to keep up with the threat of this backwater system. I come with A full Tactical squad from 3rd Company, and no less than a score of scouts. We have facility's aboard our ship, Tarsonus shall spend time assigned to command with myself until his brothers return, and Chapter Command authorizes his designation.

Level 4 Journeyman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo on Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:58 pm

Your presence shall be most welcome Lord Cyrus. A pleasure to working alongside you. I shall see to it another hanger is added to the structures we have commandeered.

Be aware that for now we are operating on a low profile. We have become to numerous an operation to remain hidden, yet we must try to... keep from any logistical entanglements. The Chryos 13th have things in hand. We are simply 'here to assist'. That's current explanation I believe.

To be honest with you, we are simply letting the Chryos 13th lift the rocks while we kill the biggest bugs that scurry out. To use your excellent cockroach metaphor.

With your additional scouts, the Combined-Chapter-Training program now numbers 36 neophytes. Quite the gathering.

~Kathay

Level 2 Adventurer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skits on Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:11 pm

After receiving this report, Chapter Master Amari sent a message to Chaplain Kathay:

Once again, my thanks to you for forwarding the reports regarding Initiate Atash to me. I very much appreciate Handler Vortali's candour and honesty. In regard to Atash's disobedience in that final mission, I agree with both Vortali's professional and personal assessment. If I had to choose a situation where Atash - or any of my battle-brothers - were to disobey an order like that, then that is the kind of situation I would choose. Atash's actions have shown that this little experiment of ours to foster comradeship between our chapters is working.

Pending my Master Apothecary's approval, Atash will be receiving his Black Carapace implant once he is back aboard the Aten, and will be advanced to full Astartes rank. I also expect that he will have passed the tests to advance to our equivalent of your Lexicanium rank before the six months is out, and thus will be returning to the operation - if you agree - with clearance to use all of his abilities.
Skits
Level 3 Sojourner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo on Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:25 pm

Lord Amari

It with deference to your wishes that the disciplinary note has been purged. And we shall loosen the protection parameters set for you neophytes. Forgive us if we seem overcautious, but careful stewardship of another's resources is a prudent within an alliance.
And young Atash always had full clearance from us.

Ps. Tell Runi to make take his turn already. If he can't think his way out of a Solaris-Flank-Maneuver the Strategium is not the game for him. Honestly.

~Kathay

Level 2 Adventurer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skits on Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:29 pm

Lord Kathay

My thanks on Atash's behalf regarding his records. And no forgiveness or apologies necessary - I very much appreciate your caution and concern for the safety of my brothers.

It is good to know that Atash had clearance from you already. However, we prefer to be more cautious, especially when it comes to our younger, untested and inexperienced brethren. We cannot afford to be careless or rushed with our abilities - we have seen the consequences, and they can be most dire. And as you said before - careful stewardship of another's resources is prudent within an alliance. I would hate for anything unfortunate to happen to Brother Lance or Brother Tarsonus due to negligence or haste in our mental training of Atash.

PS. Runi said to tell you that patience is a virtue - or at least, something along those lines amongst other, more colourful and downright inventive phrases that I believe are not suitable for repeating in polite company. He can be impressively eloquent when he so chooses.

-- Akil
Skits
Level 3 Sojourner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top