ComicMovieGeeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LoD: Raising Harken - Inner Fire Preludes

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

LoD: Raising Harken - Inner Fire Preludes - Page 2 Empty Re: LoD: Raising Harken - Inner Fire Preludes

Post by Comander.c Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:01 am

"Yup, Best medic the Hunters have, if i do say so myself." Calalion said as they reached the hospice. There were still many wounded healing up from the battle, and every day there were more coming in from working accidents. Calalion checked a few of the worse of patients, noting their status, and writing down memo's for the on duty staff to read. "Tho they gave me a Rifle for the big fight, Scaled the wall and everything. Truth be told tho, I really stuck towards the back and tried to make sure as few people ended up dead as could be helped."

A quick word with a nurse about some 'special' patients status, and Cal seemed to be done, and walked back out with Zalika. "But that was just a battle, and most of the people there are just wounded from rebuilding at this point. War will be worse. Wounded will pile so high, hundreds of people will die from ordinary infections just because they weren't wounded enough for a medic to see to them. Heard the stories from my father, and read the history books. Things are rough now, but the next few years are going to get a whole lot worse before they get better."
Comander.c
Comander.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

LoD: Raising Harken - Inner Fire Preludes - Page 2 Empty Re: LoD: Raising Harken - Inner Fire Preludes

Post by Skits Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:14 pm

"Oh?" Zalika grinned cheekily up at Calalion. "Is that 'best' label based on actual quality, or merely quantity?"

She hung back and remained quiet as Calalion checked up on patients in the hospice, doing her best to keep out of his way. Once he had finished and was heading back out, she resumed walking beside him. "War sounds like such a messy, impractical business," she commented ruefully. "And it always seems that those who are responsible for it, the ones in power, are never the ones actually on the front lines copping the brunt of it. It's always the poor powerless mooks who do the bleeding and dying instead."

She shrugged, idly tossing the remaining core of her apple up and down in one hand. "I still think the best way to deal with the whole mess is go direct to the source and quietly knife a few key people. Cut the head off the beast, so to speak, and avoid the whole war thing in the first place. Sure, it's probably the most difficult option, but if, as everyone seems to keep saying, they want what's "best for the people", then I figure the thing that's best for the people is NOT being forced into a war when there's some other solution." She let out a snort of morbid humour. "But then again, I'm pretty much just a child still - what would I know about politics or war?"
Skits
Skits
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum