ComicMovieGeeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission 8: Into the Kiln

3 posters

Go down

Mission 8: Into the Kiln Empty Mission 8: Into the Kiln

Post by Dingo Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:03 pm

Mission 8: Into the Kiln

Priority Response Protocol has been enacted. A recon platoon from the 13th Chryos 10th Company has gone coms dark after sending a distress signal. Their last known location was from the northern continent of the planet Kiln.

• The recon platoon was investigating an anomalous reading detected during a close pass of the planet during system patrol.
  • No evidence of planetary occupation had been previously recorded.
  • The platoon was deployed via an Imperial Troop Lander. Communication with this craft has been lost.
  • The Lander itself was deployed from a Falchion Class Destroyer. Communication with this craft has been lost.

The most telling part of this situation is the distress transmission itself. It utilizes a highest alert code established during the Sothis war.
The message is coded to read as if everything is perfectly fine, in the case of it being intercepted.

Squad Asteroza is to deployed immediately via Storm Raven directly to planetary orbit around Kiln. They will examine all available data and
proceed to the most likely location the missing platoon may be. Navy vessels are being redeployed to scan for the missing Destroyer.

Objective:
Locate and plan an extraction for the 10th Recon Platoon.
Critical Parameter:
Locate the Recon Platoon, Identify the cause of the distress call.
Optional Parameter:
Engage and destroy all hostile forces in the area, within plausible parameters of the squads capacity.
Dingo
Dingo
Level 2 Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Mission 8: Into the Kiln Empty Re: Mission 8: Into the Kiln

Post by Dingo Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:23 pm

Mission 8 Debrief: Into the Kiln.

Objective:
Locate and plan an extraction for the 10th Recon Platoon.
Critical Parameter:
Locate the Recon Platoon, Identify the cause of the distress call.
Optional Parameter:
Engage and destroy all hostile forces in the area, within plausible parameters of the squads capacity.

Squad Asteroza deployed into orbit around Planet Kiln and successfully triangulated the most like locations of the missing platoon.
They broke orbit and descended to the planets surface, identifying the location by tracking energy signatures consistent with combat.

Upon entering effective combat range they employed weapon systems and engaged the enemy forces assaulting the recon platoon,
who had manged to locate and hold a defensive location.

//THIS REPORT HAS BEEN SANCTIONED BY ORDER OF ORDO MALLEUS////THIS REPORT HAS BEEN SANCTIONED BY ORDER OF ORDO MALLEUS//

Override protocols initiated. Key ID ##-###-##.##: Halios.Hereticus.Ordo.Senior.
Override protocols accepted.

The enemy were identified as treacherous cultists, followers of [redacted] as evidenced by their abundant use of [redacted].
Squad Asteroza disembarked and aided in the defense of the Imperial forces by bolstering their lines, destroying the only land-bridge access point, and harassing their chain of command. Brother Alexandros demonstrated considerably effective marksmanship, neutralizing key [redacted] among the cultists.

Brothers Rainer, Atash, and Lance continued to lend fire support while Brothers Taric and Haket engaged key targets in melee.

It was during the enemies desperate efforts to repel this tactically superior assault that their champion [redacted] overextended his baleful [redacted] and caused a [redacted] to appear, which in turn allowed the great enemy to attempt land-hold.
This attempt proved futile due to the valiant efforts of Squad Asteroza as they forced the [redacted] to flee, and into the firepower of the unit's Storm Raven. This brought about the final destruction of the [redacted] and ending [redacted][redacted].

• Brother Haket and Brother Taric have been noted for bravery in confronting such a formidable foe.
  • Brother Taric manifested the Emperors Will and defied the vile [reacted] and it's [redacted] power. A truly miraculous tiding!
  • Brothers Rainer and Brother Atash have been commended for utilizing aerial superiority to bring the [redacted] down.
  • Brother Alexandros has been commended for keen application of Codex Doctrine in exploiting the enemies weakness.
  • Brother Lance has been reprimanded for reckless endangerment of the squad and himself. Disciplinary action is under consideration.
  • The men and women of the 10th Company Recon Platoon showed outstanding courage in the face of the enemy, and even greater
    common sense in fleeing the field as commanded, saving themselves from [redacted].

Override protocols terminated.

//THIS REPORT HAS BEEN SANCTIONED BY ORDER OF ORDO MALLEUS////THIS REPORT HAS BEEN SANCTIONED BY ORDER OF ORDO MALLEUS//

Imperial resources have since been re-routed to the Imperial position on Kiln.
Lord Taarn and all short-notice available Astartes are planet bound, expected to make land fall in 3 days.
The rest of the 10th Company is also on route.
Sister Celistine Halios of The Order of the Jade Rose has also sent word to her Cannoness, requesting militant intervention to be
sanctioned for deployment to the planet.

Kiln is hereby declared an active Theater of War, Lord Taarn Warmaster Designate.
For the Emperor.

Handlers Notes:

Whats the bloody point of doing an after action report if it's just going to get locked-down and files away? Seriously.

For what it's worth, that was a near-disaster. Thankfully there was no evidence of such a possibility occurring prior to deployment, so poor intel handling or late information can't cast doubt across this mission. The frequency that this squad has such encounters bothers me.
Has the great enemy singled them out? I worry for Brother Atash in particular.

Good work by Brother Lance in getting the Recon Platoon out of there. Saved many, many lives. Then he goes and nearly blows everyone up with a ham-fisted last ditch effort with more explosives than even remotely safe. Unbelievable.

Further investigation has revealed a gap in his training. Apparently while held in the apothecarium after his unaided mountainside decent,
Initiate bloody Lance was absent for his bloody field demolitions training. How in the warp-spawned [redacted], [redacted] was that oversight permitted?

Looks like Lord Taarn is planning to mobilize all of us and take this entire fledgling Chapter to Kiln. I have been informed that we will continue testing applicants, and trials shall be held on this warp-damned desert world. Not a bad way to weed out the weak I suppose.

Might look into the guardsmen already there as well. Trained fighters would be a nice head-start.

Addendum 1: It's how hot there? At least it's dry heat I suppose.
Addendum 2: Great. Only bloody transport available is Lord Taarn's Raven. This will be cozy. Better lose the gunner servitor for Sister Halios, can't have her jammed in with us.

Observers Notes:

Redacted passages within a sealed file? Typical Malleus behavior, paranoia wrapped in zealotry and armed with ignorance.

Brother Atash is nothing like the reports we have heard. His devotion and soul share no taint or darkness. I recommend we put our informant to question. I do not like being misled. Extract the truth of his intentions.

I have been ordered to share the secrets of foul Daemonology with Brother Taric. He has shown and demonstrated true faith, and is deemed worthy of secrets. The Emperor protect him on his journey unto Chaplaincy.

Oh, did I say a bad word? Did that word scare you Inquisitor Hoarth? A dire pity you cannot sanction ME.

~Sister Celestine Halios. Order of the Jade Rose.
Dingo
Dingo
Level 2 Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Comander.c Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:54 pm

Annotation from Blood Ravens Chapter Command:

It is a disappointment to discover such a foe has been hiding so close to such an active Imperial Presence so successfully. But it is also Unsurprising, We knew this sector had a history of Warp Cults. I have full Faith in the Resourcefulness of the Agents Deployed to the Theater however. If there is a connection between Kiln and the Puppet Masters of Sothis, It will soon be Illuminated. Nothing stay's hidden long against the full truth bearing scrutiny of the Adeptus Sororitas. 

The matter seem's well dealt with, but should Lord Taarn deign to require it, Captain Thaddeus of the 7th is only a few systems away. The war in his system is near completion, And reinforcements may be spared for our new-found Ally's. 

Sister Halios. Brother Taric had been mentored for his Chaplaincy for many years. His training is almost complete. It would be a great honor to our Chapter if you could oversee Judgment on his worthiness, And lay the final tutoring for his future as an Echlisiarchal representative of the Reclusiarchy. 

Upon your election, we will send the mantle of his office to the Sothis System for his Initiation. 

~Rechlusiarch Codian. Blood Ravens Master of Sanctity. 
Comander.c
Comander.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Skits Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:44 pm

Private Missive to Sister Celestine Halios:

Sister Celestine Halios,

You have my most profound thanks for all your assistance so far.

I noticed your comment about the reports you have heard regarding Lexicanum Atash;  I second your recommendation of questioning your informant, and if possible, I request that I also be informed of whatever you discover. If someone is attempting to besmirch my chapter's reputation - and by doing so drive a wedge of suspicion and mistrust between us and our allies - I would very much like to know about it, so that we are best prepared to counter such foul machinations.

Given previous experiences, Brother Vortali's concern about the Great Enemy singling out the members of Squad Asterozoa is very, very valid.  I share his concern, especially in regards to Lexicanum Atash. It is said that Astartes know no fear, and that is true - but still, I will admit that I worry for the safety of my student and his squad. I most humbly request your aid in providing him whatever assistance you are able to.

My highest regards and most sincere thanks to both you and your cannoness.

-- Shadowed Suns Chapter Master Akil Amari
Skits
Skits
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:54 am

Private Missive to Chapter Master Amari:

Greetings Chapter Master.
I fear I must apologize. I was not aware that the after-action report was sent to you in its entirety. Had I known this I would not have had you
discover the potential machinations against Brother Atash in this manner. You would have received a formal communicae from my Cannoness
once our investigations were complete.
The irony of the situation does not escape me though. Is it not amusing? The seeker and disturber of secrets, caught unawares of her own reveal?

Nevertheless I shall be honoured to take Brother Atash aside and inquire as to his state of mind. I must confide I expect very little in the way of
insight, as your students are most apt at guarding their emotions.

~Sister Fariyln Halios.
Dingo
Dingo
Level 2 Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Skits Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:51 pm

Private Missive to Sister Celestine Halios:

Sister Fariyln Halios,

No apologies are necessary. It is customary for all of Squad Asterozoa's mission reports to be forwarded to me in their entirety, but I can understand how that detail may have been unremarked on, since it is a matter between the associated chapters involved in this expedition. I am grateful that this potential issue was brought to my attention sooner rather than later, however - forewarned is forearmed, and I can now begin making my own discreet inquiries. I look forward to receiving further communicaes from yourself or your Cannoness.

I, too, appreciate the irony of the situation. Knowledge is power, and must be guarded well - but I believe this reveal has worked to our advantage.

I am sincerely thankful for whatever assistance you are able to give Brother Atash, be it in the matters of mind or soul.

My best regards,

-- Shadowed Suns Chapter Master Akil Amari
Skits
Skits
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down