ComicMovieGeeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expansions! Are they worth it?

3 posters

Go down

Expansions! Are they worth it? Empty Expansions! Are they worth it?

Post by mikeybkh Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:33 am

Hey guys,

Since the latest installment to Destiny was just released, The Taken King, I've been thinking. Are these expansions really worth it?

I live in the USA so a new PS4 game here is usually $60 USD and this expansion is the same price. I kind of want to play it, but at the same time I could get a brand new game and squeeze many more hours of entertainment out of it. Like the Nathan Drake Collection.

I've been thinking more like this since 2K did the big screw up with Evolve. $60 for the game, $20 for 1 of 2 season passes and if you didn't pre-order another $30 for two more characters to play a 20 minute game. Seems like a profitable strategy.

But at the same time I feel hypocritical because I have bought every WoW expansion and plan on buying the next.

Thoughts and Opinions.
mikeybkh
mikeybkh
NPC Peasant

Back to top Go down

Expansions! Are they worth it? Empty Re: Expansions! Are they worth it?

Post by Skits Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:41 pm

Depends on the size/scope of the expansion, honestly. At least with the WoW expansions you're getting pretty much a new "game", just added onto the old. A whole lot of new areas, gear, levels, etc. etc.

Basically, if I'm paying a full game price for an expansion, I expect the expansion to be comparable in size/content to the actual base game. If I'm paying a full game price for only, say, an extra 20 mins of content, then that's a rip-off.
Skits
Skits
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Comander.c Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:44 pm

Pretty much second Skit's point.

For me an expansion is a new game on the same engine, as for the cost of the expansion that should be proportional to the content.

If the new Destiny has the same amount of content added on as the original then go for it.

A good Comparison would be Red Alert 2 and its expansion Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge.

That expansion was only about half the cost of the first game but its campaign was about the same size and depth.
Comander.c
Comander.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum