ComicMovieGeeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character Sheet Template!

3 posters

Go down

Character Sheet Template! Empty Character Sheet Template!

Post by Skits Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:14 am

So I may have done a thing - I made an editable 40k character sheet in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]!

It should be pretty self-explanatory - as you update the characteristics, skill ranks, and armour (yellow boxes), other parts of the sheet (blue boxes) should update as well. Please don't touch the first page master copy, but feel free to duplicate that sheet as much as you like and play around with those! If you find anything that isn't working, or not calculating correctly, or if you think of anything else I can add to it, please let me know! Very Happy
Skits
Skits
Admin

Back to top Go down

Character Sheet Template! Empty Re: Character Sheet Template!

Post by Comander.c Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:57 pm

copy im working with for Guardsman Gabe! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Comander.c
Comander.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Skits Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:40 am

I updated the master sheet a bit more! Added an extra column in the Skills sections for miscellaneous bonuses (eg. +3 psyniscience from librarium texts, or +20 awareness from marine senses/helmet, etc.). Also added a Cybernetics bit to the Armour section, and some other bits and pieces.

So for an example of a filled-out sheet, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Skits
Skits
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Skits Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:17 pm

Okay, I think I've finally finished tweaking the damn character sheet - at least for now. XD

For the Characteristics, the Bonus: boxes are for bonuses/negatives that always (or at least usually!) count, such as the +20 Strength from Space Marine armour or the -10 Agility from MkIII "Iron" armour.

In the Skills section, the Misc. column is for bonuses/negatives from gear/traits that apply to individual skills such as +10 to Medicae from a medkit, or +20 to Awareness from a Space Marine's helmet + Heightened Senses, or +10 to Tech-Use from a combitool, etc.

For the weapons, if you put melee into the Cls: box it will automatically add your Strength to the damage. If you have Cls: as melee AND you have force somewhere in the Special: box, it will automatically add your current Psy Rating to both damage and pen.

Also for weapons, the Parry+: and Hit+: boxes are where you can put the bonuses from weapon special qualities and modifications such as Custom Grip, Red Dot Sight, Duellist Grip, etc.

EG. If you have a Balanced melee weapon with both Custom Grip and Duellist Grip, put 20 in Parry+: (+10 Balanced, +5 Custom Grip, +5 Duellist Grip) and 5 in Hit+: (+5 Custom Grip). It will then update the To Hit: and To Parry: boxes.

In the Armour section, if you have armour that has the same value on all locations, you can just put in the number in the yellow Body box, and the limbs/head will use that number as well. If the limbs/head are different from the Body (or damaged), input the appropriate number into the equivalent yellow box. The sheet will calculate your total DR, including Unnatural Toughness and bonuses to Toughness if values are entered on the appropriate limbs in the Cybernetics section.

The Initiative Bonus and Movement Bonus boxes are where to enter the bonuses from talents or armour qualities that increase initiative or movement. The sheet automatically calculates Initiative and Movement from these and your Agility bonus.

If you have Combat Formation, Constant Vigilance (Int) or Constant Vigilance (Per) in the Talents section (Constant Vigilance NEEDS the (Int) or (Per) after it for the sheet to register it properly), the Initiative box will automatically switch to using Intelligence or Perception instead of Agility to calculate your Initiative.

For experience, just put in your Total XP earned in the box just under the Characteristics section, and fill out the XP Spent section further down with the costs of purchases in the appropriate columns. The sheet will then calculate XP Spent and XP To Spend.

For Black Crusade, the XP Spent section will also tally your Alignment counts if you enter the appropriate alignment into the right column (and spell them correctly!). The sheet will also highlight a god if it has five or more advances than any of the other gods, though it won't change your Current Alignment: box since that's dependent on when you hit the right Corruption levels.

I think that's just about everything the sheet can do! If you use it, please let me know if any of the math isn't right, or anything's broken, or if you'd like to see something else in it.
Skits
Skits
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Skits Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:40 am

UPDATE!

I've just updated the "To Parry" box in the Weapons section, so now if a weapon has "unwieldy" in the Special yellow box, the "To Parry" box will display -- to show that you can't parry with an unwieldy weapon.

To update your own character sheets, just copy the BLUE box to the right of "To Parry" from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and paste it into your own sheet. You'll need to re-merge the cells it goes into, but once you've done that, you can copy that one and paste it into the rest of your Weapons sections.
Skits
Skits
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Popdart5 Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:46 am

Have a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Popdart5
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

http://taynumenera.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Skits Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:58 am

Bloody hell man, that's one hell of a character! XD Does the sheet work okay with it? Anything need fixing/improving that you noticed?
Skits
Skits
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Popdart5 Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:02 am

Only thing I noticed was the Fatigue Threshold didn't take into account the unnatural willpower I had. Then again, that's almost never going to come up so it wasn't a hassle to get it fixed. Other than that, it all worked smoothly. Smile
Popdart5
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

http://taynumenera.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Skits Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:58 am

Ahh right, hadn't even thought of that! I shall fix that for the main sheet for future use. Cheers! Very Happy
Skits
Skits
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Skits Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:09 am

Updated the Character Sheet Template to:
- automatically adjust Movement Speed if an Assault Pack is in the Gear section
- automatically adjust Run speed if Sprint is in the Talent section
- automatically adjust Charge speed if Preternatural Speed is in the Talent section
Skits
Skits
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Skits Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:04 am

Updated the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to correctly take into account the talents:

Combat Formation
Constant Vigilance (Int)
Constant Vigilance (Per)

for calculating Initiative.

To update your own character sheets (including the previous update to Run/Sprint/etc), please copy the entire Movement section (cells y82:ae84) from the Template sheet into the same place in your own sheets! Very Happy
Skits
Skits
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Skits Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:19 pm

Another update! I've adjusted the Weapon Damage calculation box to correctly calculate damage if you have Mighty Shot and/or Crushing Blow listed in the Talents section.

To update your own sheet, simply copy/paste the blue box to the right of the "1d10+" box (the first one is R57) from the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] into each weapon section on your own character sheets.

Let me know if anything's calculating incorrectly or broken! Very Happy
Skits
Skits
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down