ComicMovieGeeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reclaiming the Silent Mountain

4 posters

Go down

Reclaiming the Silent Mountain Empty Reclaiming the Silent Mountain

Post by Popdart5 Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:45 pm

I have developed a very rough system that everyone can use for establishing and expanding your base in the Silent Mountain, aka the Thousand Sons destroyer Kebechet. I have made a list of potential locations on the ship that can be uncovered and then restored to functionality. I'm not certain if I got all of the separate potential facilities but you guys are free to inform me if anything else might be present on a crashed Astartes destroyer.

• Spireguard Barracks
  • Astartes Barracks
  • Hangar Bay 00001
  • Hangar Bay 00002 (where the Thunderhawk and the Mechanicus ship are docked)
  • Primary Generatorium
  • Command Bridge
  • Astropath and Navigator Quarters
  • Primary Hydroponics Bay (your current base of operations)
  • Secondary Hydroponics Bay
  • Astartes Armoury
  • Spireguard Armoury
  • Librarium
  • Supplementary Generatoriums 1-4
  • Medicae Facilities
  • Vehicle Bay
  • Maintenance Bay
  • General Engineering
  • Plasma Drive Engines
  • Warp Drive Engines
  • Torpedo & Munitions Bay
  • Auspex Array
  • Communications Array
  • Gellar Field Generators
  • Primary macrocannon battery
  • Void shield generatorium and array

I have roughly determined how long it would take to uncover and restore functionality to the various areas. Basically, you can issue work orders to your associated followers (the servitors and the Slaaneshi hunter gatherers) to begin clearing rubble and repairing the facilities. Of course, you are limited to how many workers you can assign to the tasks without hindering the maintenance of the Dark Mechanicus ship and there are other things you can get the workers to do if you don't want them to expand access throughout the Silent Mountain. You have 10 maintenance and general repair servitors and approximately 35 able Slaanesh followers that you can put to work, which are split into units of 2 servitors and 5 Slaanesh followers separately. You have a total of 5 servitor worker units and 7 Slaanesh follower units.

Your worker and follower units can only undertake one job per day, however multiple units that are applied to the same job can reduce the time taken. Basically, the way it works is that each job that is undertaken is rolled using a Characteristic Score of 25. Each additional unit that is applied to the job beyond the first adds a +10 to the test. For each degree of success that is scored on the test, greater access to the facilities will be enabled and functions will be restored. I will keep track of what areas of the ship get opened up depending on your progress. Interaction skills, such as Intimidate, Charm, Command, can be used to improve the workers' activities and, provided you have the skill, will grant an additional +10 to any one job that is being undertaken. Other skills, such as Tech-Use and relevant Trade skills as well as certain special abilities and/or mutations, can also be used to grant this bonus. Player characters can only contribute this bonus to one job per day, however the player character does not need to be actively engaged in this job for the entire working day. If a player character wishes to do so, they can dedicate an entire working day (and restrict themselves from doing anything else of major note) to one job to increase this bonus to +30.

Aside from expanding your access to the Silent Mountain, you can also dedicate your followers and servitors to other tasks such as acquiring training in skills and talents, repairing damaged equipment, building new equipment, and so on. If you have any specific ideas, feel free to float them.

Addendum: You can use this to build a roster for your workers to begin undertaking tasks as the transition to summer rages outside. As I mentioned previously, you will have seven solar days before the outside areas of the planet become relatively safe to traverse. You are not restricted from venturing outside however there are difficulties in journeying outside due to foul weather, melting ice, crevasses, and other environmental hazards brought on by summer. There will be some danger even during the "calm" periods of summer but it will be much, much safer to travel.

Last edited by Popdart5 on Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
Popdart5
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

http://taynumenera.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Reclaiming the Silent Mountain Empty Re: Reclaiming the Silent Mountain

Post by Comander.c Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:13 pm

Nate would like to dedicate himself to Restoring the Astropath/Naviagtor quarters. I Don't think any of my skills are pertinent but the ability to shape and mold metals should.

His trade Chymist might help with the Medicae facilitys after too, But first Nate wishes to make a nice little Hovel for Tobias, aswell as whatever else those facility's help achieve.
Comander.c
Comander.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Popdart5 Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:35 pm

Added the Gellar Field Generators, Auspex Array, and Communications Array.
Popdart5
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick_Nork Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:10 pm

While Darius is interested in the tools of destruction we may acquire, especially those that will allow him to destroy more and/or more quickly, he also feels that the current state of hunter gatherer assault tactics, while quaint and thoroughly ammusing, is horribly innefective!

As such, Darius shall begin instructing some of the hunter/gatherers in the use of more technologically advanced weapons... whether they are willing to learn or not.

Grudgingly Darius will also admit that not all of them can be appropriated for training, as such he will train any and all stragglers he can get a hold of, and if this proves too few then he may possibly train the few in subdual techniques to hunt and capture more trainees.
Nick_Nork
Nick_Nork
NPC Companion Character

Back to top Go down

Post by Comander.c Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:59 pm

The Purple man Approves of the training of Slaving party's
Comander.c
Comander.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Comander.c Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:18 am

An image of a Cobra Class Destroyer [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Comander.c
Comander.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Skits Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:58 am

Fariad's first objective is restoring power to as much of the ship as possible, and repairing/reactivating whatever point defences are left that are still functional. I'm assuming that this will most likely require access to the bridge and the generatoriums, and perhaps general engineering - please correct me if I'm wrong!

After that, he aims to reach the various armouries and maintenance bays, for arming the group and repairing damaged armour. The Apothecarium/Medicae facilities and the Librarium are also high priorities - the first for general medical reasons, and the second for Fariad's own personal satisfaction.
Skits
Skits
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Popdart5 Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:53 pm

So I did some stuff. Here are the results:

- At the end of the first week of summer as you all hunker down inside the Silent Mountain aka the Kebechet, you have made some progress with accessing and restoring certain functions. The astropathic and navigator chambers have been completely cleared and restored to functional living conditions. There is access to the command bridge however some of the finer functions of the bridge still elude you. The primary generatorium is mostly cleared however the generatorium is still only functioning at about 60% capacity. The secondary generatoriums have not been cleared yet.

- Regarding the training of the Slaaneshi followers into a fearsome raider band of slavers, Darius and Amon have been quite successful in improving the combat capabilities of the primitive people. They have become accustomed to wielding autoguns and flak jackets and they have been drilled in basic military tactics. In addition to gaining the Weapon Proficiency (Solid Projectile) talent, they have access to up to nine other advancements for this Slaaneshi slaving warband. Nork and Mitch, I will let you guys determine what you want to train these slavers in over the seven days in the Silent Mountain.

This is reflective of your collective progress over the first week of summer. We'll jump back into game at the end of this first week after all this progress has happened.
Popdart5
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

Back to top Go down

Post by Popdart5 Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:25 pm

Added the primary macrocannon battery and void shield generatorium and array.

Proximity defense batteries are tied to the bridge and the primary generatorium for command and power. As these components are operational, the machine spirits for the defensive batteries have reactivated and will defend the Kebechet. However, further restoration of the bridge and primary generatorium as well as the supplementary generatoriums will improve their effectiveness ie. defensive batteries are mostly banks and turrets of lascannons and similiar laser-based ordnance suited to fending off starfighters and bombers. More power = more dakka.
Popdart5
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

Back to top Go down

Post by Comander.c Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:32 pm

Basically a bunch of Icarus Lazcannons I figure then?

A) Are they Automated (Read: Integrated Servitor Manned) and in which case, what is the state of said Servitors?

Only been 50 years so they could still be functional, but to what degree after the crash is important to note.
Comander.c
Comander.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Comander.c Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:33 pm

And B) where are the void Generators Located? From a tactical standpoint I would get them going to fend of artilery, then move on to getting the Hangers and any Moterpools operational.
Comander.c
Comander.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Popdart5 Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:31 pm

The void generators and controls are primarily clustered around the central spine of the ship to provide full coverage of the destroyer when it was in flight.

The lascannon batteries and other point-defenses are automated more along the lines of the Tarantula sentry guns with their machine spirit pseudo-AI. They are not integrated servitor weapon platforms. However the crash did shake them up a bit and the vast majority of the batteries have limited traverse and cannot protect against all possible attack vectors. Essentially the more of them that are functional and operating, the better coverage you can get. Alternatively you can scale the sides of the Mountain and remove them for use as mobile heavy weapons.
Popdart5
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

Back to top Go down

Post by Popdart5 Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:51 pm

With the retrieval of a few thousand more Slaaneshi tribesmen and women, the Kebechet is beginning to have some semblance of a bustling ship again. However, due to the sudden influx of people, a lot of areas will be full to bursting and the Slaaneshi people will begin fanning out to open and claim new sections of the ship. This will happen across the board and new areas will open up almost every day.

This is likely to be more of a concern for Fariad than anyone else however the Slaaneshi people will be claiming a lot of the areas they open up as new sleeping and living quarters. I'll give a day-by-day account of what areas of the ship get opened up in a separate post and I anticipate that things will get quite hectic as everyone begins to settle in. There is likely to be another short time-jump of at least a few days before we next game again so feel free to let me know what everyone intends to do for the foreseeable future.
Popdart5
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

Back to top Go down

Post by Popdart5 Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:01 pm

So, after consideration, there is likely to be another week in and around the Silent Mountain before we jump back into the game. You are free to do as you wish during this time however the Slaaneshi people have been very busy. Here is a quick summary of the seven days following the battle:

Day 1:
- The Medicae Facilities has been accessed and is now open to further use.

Day 3:
- The Communications Array, Gellar Field Generators, Hangar Bay 1 (not your current hangar bay with the Mechanicus ship and the Thunderhawk), Spireguard Barracks, and the Vehicle Bay have now been accessed.

Day 5:
- The Astartes Armoury, Astartes Barracks, Librarium, Plasma Drive Engines, Secondary Hydroponics Bay, Supplementary Generatoriums 1-4, Warp Drive Engines, and the Void Shield Generatorium and Array have now been accessed.

Other little bits and pieces have been happening here and there but I'll leave that mostly in your hands. If anyone is curious about what might exist in these locations, ask and you shall receive.
Popdart5
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

Back to top Go down

Post by Comander.c Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:34 pm

Busy bees!!

Nate has interest in the new Apothacaryium and what is held inside! He will also be interested in the Spire-guard armory when its accessed. Other than that he will often appear on the proverbial coat trails of Fariad, learning he letters and being generally curious (possibly in his new shiny and better fitting spireguard garb, fariad willing).

He will hoever find time to begin work on his secret tunnel as a long term project, which he now has Amon's approval on.

Socially seeking followers will be a matter of opertunity whislt skulking around and seeking candidates, possibly for himself, but more importantly to impress his respective masters.
Comander.c
Comander.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Skits Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:20 am

Does the Spireguard barracks also include the general living areas for ship's crew? Either way, Fariad will be encouraging the people to settle/relocate into in areas actually meant for dwelling (such as the barracks/crew quarters), instead of having them just camp out in the hydroponics bay/wherever else they've set up till now.

If the Spireguard barracks also includes the Spireguard armoury, Fariad will ask Darius (as the one who's been training all the mortals so far) to look after assigning appropriate equipment to the appropriate people. He really does not want just anyone grabbing just anything. He'll also assign a couple of servitors to weapon/armour maintenance in the Spireguard Armoury.

I'm assuming that as people clear sections of the ship, they're also removing the dead crew they come across (and composting them in hydroponics XD) and retrieving whatever gear's still salvageable. Fariad isn't particularly concerned about ordinary gear, but if anything of particular interest/importance is discovered, he would appreciate it being brought to his attention. Whether or not that actually happens is another matter entirely... Razz

Once the Medicae facilities have been accessed (I'm assuming this is general human medical facilities and not the Astartes Apothecarion yet?), Fariad will request Mara's assistance in converting any followers who made it back to the ship but are too injured to be of much use, or too troublesome to deal with for whatever other reason, into new servitors.

Once the Astartes Armoury/Barracks and the Librarium have been reached, Fariad will be declaring those sections of the ship off-limits to the regular mortals and locking them down so that only he and Darius can access them. And he will politely request that Darius refrain from claiming any of the Astartes quarters as his own (if he wants to do so anyway) until Fariad has had a chance to clear any belongings left from the previous occupants out of them (He never got around to it after the Rubric happened, and then the ship crashed).

He'll also be searching through the Astartes armoury for replacement parts for both his and Darius' armour. It would be nice to get their power armour fully functional again. XD

What vehicles, if any, are in Hangar Bay 1/Vehicle Bay, and what condition are they in? If there's anything recoverable, Fariad will assign some servitors to that task.

Day 5 onwards, Fariad will be spending a significant amount of his time working on getting the supplementary generatoriums and the Void Shield generatorium and array up to speed to the best of his (and the servitors') ability, then working on getting more of the ship's point defence systems back up and running. He'll lock down access to the Plasma Drives and Warp Drives for now, just to avoid any accidents.

And yes, Nate can get some nice shiny new (old) Spireguard garb. Wink It may even fit him properly! Fariad will also continue to educate Nate whenever Nate's not off doing other Nate-things.
Skits
Skits
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Popdart5 Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:07 pm

In addition to my last post, I forgot to mention that the Astartes vehicle bay and the Apothecarion are separate to their Spireguard counterparts. The good news is that the Apothecarion was opened up on Day 3 and the Astartes Vehicle Bay was opened up on Day 5.

The Spireguard armoury remains inaccessible for the time being as it appears internal explosions severely compromised the area around this section of the ship.

As for what is where, I've split things up by location. Any non-named vehicles can be identified with a successful Lore: War, Lore: Tech, or other related skill. Skits, I'm not naming the Spireguard vehicles specifically due to the length of time that you had last seen these vehicles.

Spireguard Vehicle Bay:
- a fair number (approximately 10) transport and support Rhinos, in need of repair but salvageable;
- 2 motorised missile launchers, Rhino-base chassis, in need of repair; and
- 1 heavy command vehicle, non-Rhino base, in need of repair.

Hangar Bay 1:
- two heavy infantry transport ships, suited to transporting an entire regiment worth of men, equipment, vehicles. Specifically, can transport up to 5,000 soldiers and 15 vehicles. Ships are void capable but lack any form of defense.

Astartes Vehicle Bay:
- Astartes assault Rhino with pintle-mounted Storm Bolter (more heavily armoured than Spireguard Rhino)
- Astartes Land Speeder with heavy bolter (standard pattern)

The two Astartes vehicles are intact and operational as a result of secure and robust storage solutions. In addition, a Rubric techmarine has been monitoring and attending to the vehicles ever since the crash. (Skits, let me know if the idea of a Rubric techmarine does not work with fluff at all and I'll reconsider it).

In addition, 4 other Rubric marines have been located. One was found destroyed in the Apothecarion however another one was thankfully intact close by and missed being sheared in half by adamantium plating. It does appear that part of the Thousand Sons gene-seed stores have been damaged but the majority of it remains intact and unaltered. One Rubric was found buried under rubble in the Astartes barracks and another had been cut off inside the Astartes armoury. Both are confused but otherwise unharmed. In addition, the sergeant's force khopesh remains in his quarters as is his other equipment. Other replacement power armour components can be located primarily in the barracks and armoury.
Popdart5
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

Back to top Go down

Post by Comander.c Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:40 pm

Is this on par with the drop ships? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Rubric techmarine would be possible (from my knowledge, await skits to 2nd), turned into a rubrick and kept on doing his last remembered order.

Nice haul.
Comander.c
Comander.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Skits Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:09 am

Seconding the Rubric Techmarine idea! I like it muchly, so much so that I am going to 'borrow' it for the Aten. XD

For the rolls to identify the vehicles, how do we wanna do that? At next game?

As for the Apothecarion, for the moment at least Fariad is keeping that locked down as Astartes-only territory. He doesn't want mortals messing around with Apothecarion shit. XD The destroyed Rubricae, Fariad's keeping what's left of it basically in a body drawer in the Apothecarion (until he can figure out how to repair/resummon its spirit, if he ever does). He'll leave the Techmarine Rubricae doing its techmarine thing, and he'll probably have the other two standing guard, one outside the bridge and one outside the Apothecarion. This is subject to change. XD

So with those four additional Rubricae recovered, that means there's still three left somewhere in the ship, aye?

Skits
Skits
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Popdart5 Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:55 am

Five total Rubricae were recovered, one of which was destroyed. Two remain somewhere on the ship.
Popdart5
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

Back to top Go down

Post by Skits Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:25 pm

Ah right, forgot to count the Techmarine one, whoops.
Skits
Skits
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down