ComicMovieGeeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deathwatch - Aboard the Space Hulk "Tusk of Iron"

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Deathwatch - Aboard the Space Hulk "Tusk of Iron" - Page 2 Empty Re: Deathwatch - Aboard the Space Hulk "Tusk of Iron"

Post by Skits Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:46 am

Jahi mused over everyone's words, his eyes still scanning the map of the ship as he considered different routes. "Your idea of staging points is a wise plan, Brother Kelt," he commented after the young marine's suggestion. "Having staging points could also minimise, if not entirely nullify, the need to take our injured Templar brother or the orc prisoner through the red zones. As long as we are careful and wary, those of us travelling ahead should be able to detect and either avoid or eliminate whatever ork forces we come across."

He hummed thoughtfully for a moment, then tapped one of the yellow sections of the map. "As for where we set up these staging points... perhaps the yellow sections along whatever route we choose are worth considering. Depending on the state of the other vessels that have become attached to this hulk... we may get lucky and find something functional enough--" He paused briefly to smile over at Ignatious, "or something that can be made functional enough - to then act as our way off this ship once all our objectives are complete."
Skits
Skits
Admin

Back to top Go down

Deathwatch - Aboard the Space Hulk "Tusk of Iron" - Page 2 Empty Re: Deathwatch - Aboard the Space Hulk "Tusk of Iron"

Post by Comander.c Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:07 pm

#Mission Chrono Tag: 13:42:11....#

Kelt hefted the three carcasses, roughly tossing them before the impromptu fortifications forming cover in the large gateway that formed the only access way to the secured Astrotelpathy deck.

The wall now stood five feet tall, formed of the body of the Greenskins that had thought, foolishly, to stand against the Killteam. Three attacks had been launched upon the squads position so far, but they were pathetic things, and mostly served only to provide extra mass to the growing wall of greenskin corpses.

But the attacks grew with each attempt, as better equipped and more cunning groups of Orks sought to claim what they thought to be an enclave of shamans, unknowing of the wyrdboys demise.

No matter. The greenskins were supplying disposable munitions to hold each consecutive wave thought Kelt.

With a Grunt, four more corpses were piled before the wall. Kelt watched the Prisoner puff with a mix of exhaustion and pride, and thought perhaps sandbags were not all the Orks were good for. The captured Nob made an effective labourer when properly.. motivated.

Kelt scratched another notch in the wall beside the door where he had been keeping track of the little 'game'.

Having discovered 'crude promethium' which turned out to be a kind of recreational beverage for the Greenskins, along with what passed as meat, Kelt had decided to make the Nob work for his meal, Motivating the Greenskin with a sense of Competition.

"Ug thrak. Naff uh Glot." The marine proposed double rations on what the Ork had 'won' if he could out haul Kelt again.

The Nob grinned, His tusks set upon broad jowls thrust out above the explosive suppression collar set about his neck, and set out to collect more body's for the wall under the watch of Kelt; and Ignatius' array of uncovered ship defense guns.

Such a simpleminded Idiot thought Kelt...
Comander.c
Comander.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Skits Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:31 am

Ever since the aftermath of the fight with the giant squiggoth beast, Jahi had spent most of his time examining the astropathic chambers. More specifically, he had been examining and testing the psychic wards woven into and around the chamber, getting a better feel for what they were and how they worked.

He'd paused twice in his examinations to assist Kelt in fending off the last two waves of Orks - not because Kelt particularly needed the assistance, but more so Jahi could test the effects of the astropathic chamber's wards on his powers, especially now that much of the ambient Orkish psychic miasma had been dissipated.

After the last skirmish, Jahi spent a minute or two writing down some notes about his observations in the armoured book chained at his waist. Once he was done, he strolled over to where Kelt and the ork prisoner were tossing corpses, just in time to hear Kelt address the xenos beast. Jahi tilted his head curiously, watching as the ork headed off to collect more bodies, then looked back to Kelt. "You are fluent in Orkish?" he asked with interest.
Skits
Skits
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Popdart5 Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:44 pm

In a way, Palan felt that it was only appropriate that he lay on a hastily cleared table while Scipio stitched his wounds back together. Palan could recall Scipio words on the Fer de Lance proclaiming his initial assault plan as brash and foolish and he could imagine those words were circling in Scipio's mind as he mended the sundered organs.

The irony was that Palan's delay at breaching the bulkhead and his hesitance at risking Jahi's position enabled the Ork wychcraft to summon forth the monster that laid him low. It was fortunate that he was the only one that had been savaged by the beast. It was right that he should be the one pay for his tactical blunder.

He could feel Scipio's instruments prodding around in his abdomen, however the tranq had rendered most of his body below his chest numb to the sensations. Palan heard the sparking and buzzing as Ignatius tended to his shattered chestplate. He was blessed to be attended by such skilled brothers and he would ensure that everyone made it out of this Ork-infested ship.

Brothers Jahi and Kelt were absent but Palan had heard talk of reinforcing the barricade. He had no concerns about their safety; Jahi and Kelt were far superior swordsmen than anything the Greenskins could claim, superior even than himself. Still, his injuries jeopardised their mission. The recent information from their Watch Captain also posed problems; decapitating the Ork leaders and their psychic cabal should have thrown them into disarray. Instead, the hordes swarm towards the ship from their surface assaults and the ship would be teeming with Orks within days. Each hour was precious and they could ill-afford his injuries slowing them down.

Palan glanced over beyond Ignatius' machining servo arm and towards the grainy images on the pict-screens. Finding a way to avoid the Ork hordes would be a godsend however it did not solve their dilemma of avoiding the hordes. Now more than ever, that was their goal.

"Brother Scipio, Brother Ignatius," Palan called out to the room. The injured Iron Templar lay on the floor across the room from him. "What is your assessment of the situation?"
Popdart5
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

http://taynumenera.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick_Nork Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:38 am

"Brother, I am afraid that I may not be able to reliably repair the environmental seals on your armour. As it turns out, the mechanicus did not envisage your armour having to survive psychically summoned orkoids. The armour itself will function though."

Ignatius mentally compiled a list of tasks to be completed upon their return to the death watch, not the least of which was a full service and diagnostic check of Brother Palan's armour. The Astropathic Chambers internal defences were a benefit to be sure, but upon the teams departure they would have all but served their purpose; as such, rerouting their power to the unpowered communications array could prove highly beneficial, as could the improbable task of removing one of the turrets for mobilisation. Beyond that, once the teams technical needs were met Ignatius saw no need to simply wait, a two man kill-team could scout the immediate area to better asses the situation, and possibly allow Ignatius to prepare the power exchange.

"Rest well Brother and let Scipio tend your wounds, your arms and armour will be ready when you rise and in the meantime I may be able to use the lull to our advantage."
Nick_Nork
Nick_Nork
NPC Companion Character

Back to top Go down

Post by Comander.c Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:45 pm

=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=

Jahi's study of the astropathic chamber had been fruitful. For the most part, it was alike its kin aboard any other Voidship of comparable size. Wards protecting the chamber served to both amplify a sending into the ships astropathic array, And to protect the psychic choir, who are more sensitive to the warp, during warp travel.

It also served to keep the choir, or anything else that may use them as a conduit, contained.

The wards extended to cover this entire section of the ship, the astropathic chamber connected to several other amenities, allowing the entire choir and its attendants to be contained, and live, within the warded zone, always close to the chamber should the use of their abilities be needed.

The choirmaster would stand at the center of the arena like room, the supporting choir would stand in the tiers surrounding them, and messages could be channeled with great power into the crystalline psychic matrix that formed the ships astropathic array. The advanced construct could serve to send complex messages swiftly to any point in the sector, or into nearby sectors if the choir was strong enough.

However esoteric its construction, to Jahi's perceptions, it was still incredibly effective for both sending and receiving. At least in theory.

=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=

Once his notes were correlated and organised for ease of further contenplation, and the Librarian of the Deathwatch stowed and chained his book, Kelt nodded silently to his new brother.

A soft click indicated Kelt opening vox channel, a glance at the green-skin indicating his desire not to converse openly before the Nob. A faint chuckle indicated the vox's activation. "I would not say fluent, They can vary widely, and most orks end up speaking a bastardized low gothic, those that evolve a vocal language at all. I am adept at reading the non vocal, and know the basics of this groups core language." His tone darkened "They are descended from the Wagh that broke the Iron Templars, it's the same dialect, if slurred with age." Kelt's own body language left it transparent how deeply this affected him, even though he was far too young to have seen the battle that sacrificed the Chapter for the good of the Sector.
Comander.c
Comander.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Skits Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:14 am

Jahi studied Kelt's posture for a moment, then reached out to lay a brotherly hand on Kelt's pauldron. "It is only right, then, that you be part of the forces that deal with the resurgence of this particular problem," he commented quietly over the comms. "Do not fret, brother."

He stepped back again after a moment and looked over to the ork prisoner as the xenos hefted more corpses towards the barricade. Jahi watched thoughtfully as the ork dumped his load and headed back for more, then looked back to Kelt. "How long do you think it would take you to teach me the rudiments of their vocal and non-vocal language?" he asked. "It could be useful to have more than one member of the squad who can at least do some basic translation." He gestured back towards the centre of the astropathic chamber. "Especially since I intend to try and scan the ship before we leave this area. It will be helpful to have a better idea of what things to look out for."
Skits
Skits
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:09 pm

Scipio glanced at his Brother-Acting-Sergeant's face and grinned.
"You're a stubborn one Palan, and your body is like in kind."
He kept working away, draining and cleaning. Stitching and doing tox scans.
"Pretty sure this should have killed you. It would have killed most anyone else here..." he wiped his forehead. "...but with some effort you will be on your feet soon enough."
Scipio paused and gathered his thoughts.
"Remember my comments on your plans for this assault?" He glanced at his Brother again. "Looks like I was wrong." Then he smiled again.
"Actually, the plan is still insane... but I underestimated your ability to lead us through it. And in that I am both wrong, and contrite."
Scipio grunted and Palan felt something shift in his rib-cage. A singularly unusual experience.
Scipio shook his head. "It's like operating on a tank. Seriously Palan, I know the lineage of Dorn are tough... but you are almost a parody my Brother."
Another grunt, and then a popping sensation... and the feeling of release. Pressure he didn't realize was there melted away.
"How you even walked with two twisted ribs is beyond me."
Scipio finished tying off stichwork and installing analitic probes and a drainage system. He put his helmet back on and started charting Palans vitals again.
"Regardless of which, you stay still, sleep if its an option, and keep stubborn. There are orks on this beleaguered boat that haven't had the chance to meet you yet, I don't want to disappoint them."

He watched the read-out for a while, his face-plate masking all emotions.
"Not good. Not dead... but not good." He looked his Acting-Brother-Sergeant in the face. "I'm not going to lie, but I'm not going to give you details either. This is correctable, but I need to have a think for while."

Scipio started skimming through medical data and theorems, silent as kept monitoring his Brother.
Dingo
Dingo
Level 2 Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Popdart5 Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:32 pm

"Thank you Brothers. You are outstanding examples to your Chapters and I am blessed to be your squad leader for this mission."

Palan nodded at Scipio's words. "I remember, Apothecary Scipio. And I thank you for your honesty. However, your skepticism may be needed in the hours and days ahead. These Orks are like no other Orks I've ever encountered before. Where I saw nothing but the brute simplicity of these xenos creatures, you saw and understood that they were different. I realise that now."

"We are the Emperor's angels of death. You, Apothecary Scipio, are the protector of his lineage. Your keen intellect and judgement are vital for matters of flesh and blood. And you, Brother Ignatius," Palan tried to glance around to find the Salamander but could not in his current position, "you are the fires to scour the xenos before us. More than that though: where Apothecary Scipio provides answers of the flesh and bone, you provide answers of the iron and machine. Both of your infinite knowledge will see this squad through this mission with success."

"I will rest, Apothecary Scipio. See to the others if they're wounded. Your talents should be as blessings upon as all and not merely me. And Brother Ignatius, your marvels and wonders enshroud us in the Emperor's protection. See to it that I am not the only one so fortunate to receive your excellence."
Popdart5
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

Back to top Go down

Post by Skits Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:12 am

The squad were returning from the Navigator's quarters battered but triumphant; with the recovery of the nav data from the Navigator's corrupted cogitator stack, their primary mission objective was now complete.

Nearing the Astropath's chambers, it soon became obvious that Kelt had been busy in their absence - fresh ork corpses were stacked on top of the previous ones that formed impromptu fortifications across the entrance to the chambers. Jahi caught sight of Kelt tossing another corpse on top of the makeshift barricade, and raised a hand in greeting.

As the squad reached the barricades and the safety beyond them, Jahi pulled off his helmet and looked over at his squad-mates. "So, brothers, what is our next step?" he asked conversationally as he mag-locked his helmet to his belt and attempted to smooth back his matted hair with one hand. "Do we now focus our efforts on leaving this hulk and returning to the Fer de Lance, or do we first attempt to complete a few more secondary objectives?"
Skits
Skits
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick_Nork Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:52 pm

"It is my opinion brother, that the two options can be treated as one and the same. With the retrieval of the locator beacon we have the option of simply leaving the hulk for the void, however where Brother Palan may be able to sustain a short suspension, our rescuee does not have that option."

With that last comment Ignatius' face changed. Then he smiled.

"This is of course because neither of the two have armour in sufficient repair to sustain them in the void. But I do, and the void is of little concern to me."

Ignatius moved to the comatose marine and began considering his bulk, as a tailor might look at a customer.

"If we were to place our fallen brother into my armour he could be kept safe from the void and still monitored, I do not require my armour to function within the void, such as I might. It is not ideal but it may serve to allow us an escape." Ignatius glanced towards the Ork "Though little could be done for the captive and I would never request another to spare their armour for the sake of an Ork. Let us call this plan B."

Ignatius paced a strip of the room a short distance from Scipio's ward, as though his steps may disturb the resting.

"It would also prove problematic in evacuating the vessel as despite my earlier performance my servoarm would be the best way to enter the void without an airlock." He stopped. "Further, I would very much like to aid our brothers and the recovery of the gene-seeds would do just that. Especially since they are likely hidden within the armoury." Ignatius gestured with arms outwards and servoarm raised, his mechadendrites twitching and swaying as though put off at being left out. "I propose that our best means of escape." He raised his left hand slighty. "And our secondary goals." He raised his right hand. "May in fact both be served on the same path." He said, bringing his hands together. "And if we happen to find enough raw explosives to detach the navigator chabers, then I feel we will have created our own escape pod." His servoarm came down to rest upon his clasped hands. "And I would certainly like to learn more of the unholy cogitator and its origins, as I am sure would others."

His hands dropped and his servoarm retracted. "Of course that would require at least two, preferably three environmentally sealed suits; for Palan, the brother in our care and the xeno."  At this final admission Ignatius returned to pacing. It would be quite the undertaking.
Nick_Nork
Nick_Nork
NPC Companion Character

Back to top Go down

Post by Popdart5 Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:58 pm

Palan considered the situation carefully before responding to Ignatius' comments. "It might not be so simple, Brother Ignatius," he grunted as he rolled his shoulder. "The navigator chambers could serve as an escape vessel, however the Orks are savage enough that they could destroy us with macrocannons if we detach too early. Too late and we risk being sucked into the Warp when this hulk transits. It is a risky proposition either way."

"We'll need more explosives and charges to accomplish this plan and for that we'll need to scour the armoury, provided it still exists. That puts us in close proximity to the suspected location of the gene-vaults so we can accomplish that objective." Palan took off his helmet and ran his finger along the scratch marks that the servitors had left. "We're not in much shape to continue assaulting further Ork hordes and transporting the geneseed to the navigator chambers would be slow going. I believe it might be better if we relocate everyone to the armoury and plan our next move from there."

"This ship will supposedly leave the system in a few more days and, unless the Orks are completely stupid, they'll be returning from the planet's surface before then. It might be possible to seize one of the Ork craft and escape the hulk that way, rather than relying on forging our own escape pod. I don't doubt your skills, Brother Ignatius, however such explosions will certainly rouse the Orks' attention. In a better circumstance, I would trust your judgement but our situation is not ideal for such a manoeuvre."

"Our primary objectives are complete," Palan looked at Jahi, Ignatius, and Kelt in turn. "We will endeavour to recover the geneseed and any other relics of the Iron Templars but our priority will be to find some way off this blasted hulk. The second objectives cannot and will not obstruct our escape. I'm sorry, Brother Kelt," he stared at the Black Shield as he sensed his temper flaring, "as much as I wish otherwise, survival is our primary objective now. Getting our captive and the navigational information back to the Fer de Lance is paramount. We can ensnare the Ork horde and hopefully recover the geneseed when the fleets ambush them but only if we make it back to the Captain. Are we in agreement?"
Popdart5
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

Back to top Go down

Post by Comander.c Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:53 pm

Kelt took control of his Ire, shoulders he had not realized he was bunching eased, and he felt his temper begin to subside.

The Squad Leader was right, he thought to himself, and no one could understand him as well as his genetic kin. "Understood, Brother Palan. The Iron Templar made their sacrifice to save Imperial worlds. They would not wish to be restored at the expense of others. Our mission is the Priority."

Kelt turned to visually sweep the battle damaged corridor the squad had returned from. The defenses were active, and from experience he was confidant in their ability to receive any Orks that saught to take back the Astroptelpathy deck. "On which note, my Debrief of our position. The Greenskin strikes grew in intensity for some time, but they appear to have stopped. It has been several hours since any activity has been spotted. I am unsure if there is any connection but around that time a broadcast on the ships inner vox-net began, and has been continuing on loop."

Kelt lead the way back thru the main Auditorium and into the once lavish apartments that would have served as living quarters to the ships astropaths and their staff. At the far end of what was once a lounge of sorts, sat the Orkoid prisoner. He was chained by the wrists and legs to a heavy support pillar, and was positioned almost comically, hunching on a lounge seat many times too small for his bulk. He offered little more than a glance and a snort as the Astarte's entered the room, then went back to paying attention to the large Pict-Projector a few meters in front of him.

Kelt began "The inter ship Vox net was being used to broadcast some sort of entertainment propaganda throughout the ship. Death races, gladiatorial combat and such. Since our attack on the Communications Hub, the broadcasts had changed to a single wide band channel. The mechanized green-skin who taunted us after that battle took over and was broadcasting a challenge for leadership, as far as i could tell. Four hours ago, the Broadcast changed to this..." the Deathwatch Marine gestured to the screen...

#######################################

A large green face fills the screen. The Ork is missing one Tusk completley, and has the other replaced by a metal spar that occasionally sparks an ark of electricity into the blackend and tech-riddled left hemisphere of the orks skull.

"jiak'm avhe new boukuk ro avhe madh ardrok now. gith ro lat boyuk beavavas geav shal line or eluke jiak liwo ukavomp lat like gork avelluk uuk. "

The camera jolts backwards with a squeal that suddenly turns to choking sounds.

the Ork Continues. "thiuk meukukage iuknav for avhe boyuk par avhe ardrok, lat boyuk ayh alreadausan ukmarav enough avo have learnun avo follow alnej shal avo ij new age ro enlighavnemenav. "

As the Ork holds the camera bearer at arms length, more of his mass can be seen. The distance gives away that his arm must be augmented in size and reach, and cowling his head the edges of heavy ceramite plating can be seen.

"thiuk goeuk ouav avo lat ukmegheaduk nauk-avurning, jiak liwo ukhooav lat our ro ukpace wiavh mausan shum gunuk um lat donav ukwear avo follow alnej inavo avhe avhe nexav waaukh agh gith waaaaghuk afaver!"

The picture jolts as the camera is kicked hard, flying end over end it is nearly impossible to catch a glimpse of what is happening any more. But the booming voice of the Ork continues.

"even um lat do baj iav paukav mausan gunuk, mausan boyuk liwo ukhow lat righav proppas avhe waausan avo behave."

Little can be made out as the camera rolls over and over, all that is clear is that the Ork was standing upon some kind of mountain, hill or pile, as the picture strobes bright with the back lighting behind the Ork. The image blurs to static, but the Booming laughter continues.

#######################################

"Best translation..." Kelt begins, glancing at the Prisoner who simply shrugs. "Its No longer a challenge, but a deceleration of victory.. and at best guess, A Warning to others to fall in line."
Comander.c
Comander.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Skits Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:28 am

Jahi nodded slightly at Palan's question. "Aye. The only other thing I would suggest would be to perhaps investigate a few of the other yellow patches on the map - we may be able to locate a small ship for our escape that would be easier to detach from the hulk than the Navigator's quarters."

He followed Kelt into the Astropaths' apartments, then watched the orkish broadcast with interest. Once it had completed its playthrough, he shifted to look over at the others, one fine black eyebrow raising slightly. "It sounds like the greenskins have a new leader, at least for the moment. Whether or not the rest of the orks consolidate behind him - including those currently returning to the ship - remains to be seen." He shrugged.

"Either way, before we move out again, I would like to use the Astropathic chamber to do another scan of the ship. Now that I know what to look for after our little encounter with our... evasive... friends, I should be able to locate any others like them within my range - even if it's just to mark their locations down on the map for later." The existence of the hidden foe they had encountered guarding the Navigator's quarters had offended Jahi on an almost personal level, though if he'd been questioned about it, he would have been unable to articulate why.
Skits
Skits
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Popdart5 Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:57 am

"A wise decision, Brother Jahi," Palan nodded. "Any information that you can gather about this ship will aid us immensely in the future. Unfortunately I can only grant you two hours before we have to move on from these chambers. The Orks are aware of our presence and they are likely to be back and in greater numbers."

Palan clapped Kelt on his shoulder guard as he congratulated him. "You have done well in maintaining the perimeter Brother Kelt. You do your Chapter an honour with your skill. I'm sure we'll have need of your talents against the Orks before long. But until then, prepare yourself with whatever equipment and weapons you might need. We won't be returning to these chambers for quite a while, if ever."

As the members of the squad dispersed to prepare themselves, Palan sought out a quiet corner of the Astropathic quarters. He knelt on the steel floor and brought his hands together in the sign of the Aquila. While his words displayed confidence, Palan prayed to the Emperor for guidance. The situation had changed drastically and he could feel his control slipping out of his grasp. The Orks had reorganised themselves and he knew what brutal savagery and cunning they were capable of under a competent leader.

Palan had pledged an oath to fulfill this mission and bring all members of his squad back to safety. Faith in the Emperor would see them complete this mission. Faith in his Brothers would see them survive. Faith in himself would see him make the right decisions when the time came. "The Emperor protects," he intoned softly.
Popdart5
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

Back to top Go down

Post by Comander.c Sun May 15, 2016 2:19 am

=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=I=

The bridge of the Fer de Lance was a mess. most of the crew was absent, bar a few tired looking officers, and a Techpriest was hard at work replacing limp servitors. The blast shields covered the usually open observation screen, which sported a boarding pod sized hole, melta scored thru the armor-glass.

A noticeable pile of bolt rounds surrounded Captain Sinclair, who had more than a few scuff's and dints from small arms fire, but his throne seemed clear of blood. Such could not be said of the rest of the bridge, but mercifully little of it was the rich crimson of human blood, It was mostly the dark near-black red of Green-skin gore.

The squad had just finished offering their report, on order, leaving out no details. At least none they could recall. They stood arrayed at attention before the ship Captain, such as they were in their battle damaged state. They would have time to repair and refit when the mission was done, which was not until the Debrief was completed.

Captain Sinclair addressed the Squad, the deep mechanical timbre of his voice filling the bridge, despite the racket of repairs.

"Brothers, You have surpassed all Expectations. None had foreseen the threat level of this mission, which has added to the glory you have earned this day. No less, you recovered valuable artifacts of My lost Chapter, which i am personally indebted to you for. The Geneseed, not to mention the heroes you have saved, will ensure that the Iron Templar's will not go quietly into the darkness, in blood if not name. The recovered Captain has decided, against recommendation, to remain in the Chapel until preparations for surgery are complete. He is deemed non critical, and our Medicae staff are occupied with those that are, so it will be an hour. Dreadnaught Valette remains in the Vault. He stands Vigil over the Geneseed until it is returned to the Watch-Fortress”

The ship captain turned his helmed gaze upon Brother Palan. “Squad Leader, You have done your chapter proud. Your mastery of greenskin warfare would make veterans of other chapters proud to wield. The daring strike to Decapitate the foe worked excellently, and the Emperor's own eye was upon you as you salvaged the mission from the critical destruction of the boarding torpedo. You were not found wanting this Day, Brother. You also have the personal gratitude of Captain Gérard McRidefort.”

Next he faced the Squads Techmarine. “Ignatius, your flames claimed many orks this day, But it was your Skill’s in the arts of the Omnissiah that proved your greatest weapon. The Cogitator was an unexpected offence, that anything is left for the Ordo Juros to examine show’s great restraint and wisdom. Only time will tell if the locator beacons shall prove similarly foresightfull.”

Addressing the squad Librarian he continued. “Your skills were invaluable Codicer. The foul taint of corruption you uncovered…” the captain paused. “The Imperium will follow the threads you have uncovered, and exact great vengeance upon those that did this. Your investigative skills, alongside Ignatius’ more technical own, will see you do great things in the Deathwatch, i am sure.”

To Apothecary Scipio he said “You have saved a Hero of the Iron Templars long thought lost to us. And with his return, we may find out what happened to the rest of our lost brothers. Your name will not be forgotten, in the analogues of the Deathwatch, or should it ever rise again, the Iron Templars.”

Finally he spoke to Brother Kelt. “Kelt Godfrey. You are the First of our line to return a true grail in over a century Brother. And it is the Greatest that has been discovered since the Fall. You may well be marked for Greatness by the Emperor himself. What i can say for sure is that, beside these brothers, you are Marked for Greatness by the Masters of our Order. Train hard Brother Kelt.”

The Captain spoke to the squad as a whole again. “Astropathic communications are being prepared, and will be transmitted within the hour. You have delved into the belly of the beast and returned, If there are others you wish to send message too, Speak now and i will Authorise a sending. Otherwise, you are to report to the Apothecary.

Scipio, you shall conduct post battle checks on the squad. Starting with Brother Ignatius, so he may do likewise for your wargear. Auxiliary suits of Armour have been prepared for the interim. After which, you are dismissed. Eat, and then Order of at least Eight hours rest before continuation of duties or training. As you see fit until Warp Translation in Two Days. Questions?”
Comander.c
Comander.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick_Nork Sun May 15, 2016 3:39 pm

"Captain, I request representatives of the Mechanicus be contacted; The Infernal Cogitator accessed and controlled both mine and Brother Palan's armour, and while I am confident I have both cleansed our armour and prevented it access to my mechanicus implants, I feel it would be prudent to have one more versed in the workings of our armours machine spirits inspect it."

Pausing momentarily to consider his next statement, "And if I may Captain, it may be of benefit if the Mechanicus were aware of the reason for this request, at least in part, to ensure that a suitably qualified Techpriest is available."

Ignatius patiently awaited a reply and the eventual dismissal to rest and commence servicing the teams equipment.
Nick_Nork
Nick_Nork
NPC Companion Character

Back to top Go down

Post by Skits Sun May 15, 2016 5:25 pm

Jahi took a moment to organise his thoughts, doing his best to ignore the lingering after-taste of 'purple' in the back of his throat. He waited for Ignatius to finish his own requests before speaking up himself.

"Captain, I humbly request that all the details regarding the hidden guards of the tainted cogitator, the cogitator itself, the warp shield around the hulk, and the weirdboys acting in a conclave be forwarded to my chapter as soon as possible," he began politely with a slight bow. "The senior librarians of my chapter may be able to provide advice on how to best deal with any other areas of corruption that may be encountered on the space hulk, or how best to counter any other weirdboys acting in concert. Regardless, they should be informed of what we have discovered here. Knowledge is power."
Skits
Skits
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Popdart5 Tue May 17, 2016 11:28 pm

Palan was the last to respond. He thought it was a fitting time to offer his own commendations.

"You do me a great honour, Captain. My praise also goes to the Brothers that I led as their skills and abilities ensured the success of this mission. Though I am inexperienced, your strength and resolution empowered me to lead you. Thank you my Brothers for this great honour." Palan bowed deeply to fully show his appreciation and gratitude.

"I hope I am able to serve you all as excellently as you served me during my time of leadership. Long may we serve the Emperor as his Deathwatch."
Popdart5
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2