ComicMovieGeeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer 40K: Task for Commissarial Aide Yekaterina

2 posters

Go down

Warhammer 40K: Task for Commissarial Aide Yekaterina Empty Warhammer 40K: Task for Commissarial Aide Yekaterina

Post by Popdart5 Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:13 pm

Aide Yekaterina,

It has come to my attention that certain illicit activities are being conducted on Sothis that could jeopardise the Imperial Guard's forces. As such, I would like you to gather some intelligence regarding the following and prepare a report as described under Departmento Munitorum Declaration 113-C "Documentation of Smuggling and Illicit Bartering".

1. Identify all locations on Sothis that have been utilised for transportation of goods, material, personnel, and other items off planet. It is my understanding that the Yandel spaceport is the only major interstellar transport center however I would like to know if there are any others.

2. Determine the volume of traffic that has left Sothis in the past six months and identify the cargo that each ship was carrying upon departure.

3. Identify any ships that have been consistently trafficking between the planet and orbital fleets. I presume in excess of ten trips in a six month period would be a good initial categorisation for such ships however I trust you to use your own judgement.

4. Identify and collect information on any departing civilian ships. This includes ships from Sothis and Chryos as well as any other interplanetary or interstellar traders or conscripted civilian vessels.

This task will be in addition to your current duties so do not consider it a priority. I expect a progress report from you in one month's time with the final report in three months.

From the desk of Commissar Karlos Lax
13th Chryos Regiment
Popdart5
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

http://taynumenera.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Warhammer 40K: Task for Commissarial Aide Yekaterina Empty Re: Warhammer 40K: Task for Commissarial Aide Yekaterina

Post by Dingo Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:11 am

Att: Commissar Lax.

Sir.
I have begun looking into the smuggling operations as commanded.

There are indeed many locations within the twin cities of Yandell that cater to the underground scene.
Singularly these establishments equal to very little, but combined they would require a considerable amount of 'goods' to maintain open for business. I have begun searching for trustworthy contacts relevant to this.

Searching the freighter databases over the last will take a considerable amount of time, but it is underway never the less. Permission to access petty-cash for bribes Sir?

There have been no official civilian departures since the Chryos intervention began. But I do believe there have been some unusual aerospace activity in this time. I shall open a communicae with the Chryos Navy liaison immediately.

Lastly, permission to access the local Commissariat funds to begin establishing a contact network?

Your Loyal Servant
Yekaterina

Addendum 1: How do you like your Recaff?
Addendum 2: Does Sgt Toth drink Recaff?
Dingo
Dingo
Level 2 Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Warhammer 40K: Task for Commissarial Aide Yekaterina Empty Re: Warhammer 40K: Task for Commissarial Aide Yekaterina

Post by Popdart5 Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:55 am

Response to Aide Yekaterina.

Aide Yekaterina,
Your early findings present promising avenues of information. An exemplary effort thus far.

Regarding your requests, I have prepared the necessary documents to requisition additional Imperial throne gelt and credits for the purpose of these tasks. Note that when you lodge these forms to the Munitorum adepts, the funding is being sought under the more tasteful Label G, 'Securing Local Populace Assistance'.

Permission granted to begin establishing relations with individuals whom you see fit to contact. Your training has prepared you sufficiently for the task ahead and the Commissariat rewards those who work with the armed forces of the Imperium in mutually beneficial arrangements.

Furthermore, I trust you have familiarised yourself with the capabilities of the soldiers in the Commissarial Transport Unit. Guardsman Marne, as I'm sure you are aware, is currently undertaking a positive behaviour development exercise. This was initiated following a sustained series of events that displayed his inexplicable capacity for acquiring sensitive information and material. You are permitted to utilise his perverse skill set as part of this assignment if you so choose. Please find attached a declaration that grants Guardsman Marne a temporary reprieve from his behaviour development exercise and assigns him to work directly under your orders for the length of this assignment. Please be sure to explicitly direct Guardsman Marne to Subsection 6(a) of the document that details that prior reprimands, punishments, loss of salary, or existing or otherwise assumed disciplinary actions will not take effect when he is under your direct instruction. This will only apply until the assignment has been concluded in its entirety or at an earlier date subject to my authority.

I expect you to inform me of any urgent or time-sensitive information that you have gathered as part of this assignment. Aside from that, apply your training, your abilities, and your resources to this task and I expect a final report within 11 weeks.

Finally, I prefer my Recaf black with one sugar thank you. Sergeant Toth prefers his own style of Recaf if I am not mistaken. Request an extra supply of Recaf for the Commissarial Transport Unit for the coming week however you are welcome to discover their favoured brews if you so choose.

13th Chryos Regiment
Popdart5
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:21 pm

--3 Days Later--

Att: Commissar Lax

My thanks for authorizing the use of petty-cash and Commissariat funds. All claimed and filled under 'G:Securing Local Populace Assistance.' as per your instructions.

Guardsman Marn has indeed proven to be a very useful... asset... in the pursuit of these investigations. His insight and knowledge of the criminal underground is extensive as his network of contacts.
On that note, it was quickly pointed out that to expedite the investigations it may be easier to simply hire a criminal liaison middle-man, or concierge, as Guardsman Marn put it. That way the commissariat could maintain it's distance, and the underworld would be more willing to do business.

Guardsman Marn arranged to have one such an individual, known as 'The Squirrel', to intercede for us. Although I have not met this 'Squirrel' Marn did vouch for his neutrality, and his fee's were not excessive. Most importantly the volume of information we have received so far has been worth the credits spent. I am in the process of compiling a data-packet of the information received, and will present it to you shortly.

There have been three locations of note thus far however.

• A brothel hidden within a manufactorum. Industrial sector 17F, lot 122B
  • An up-scale restaurant located in Yandell Lesser registered as 'Nirifo's.
  • And am automarine drydock also found in Yandell Lesser. Commercial Dockyard 3, lot 7.

Lastly, there seems to be a discrepancy within some commercial aerospace logs. I am investigating this further, there is no pattern thus far, but too many errors to be a simple system glitch.

Your Loyal Servant
Yekaterina

Addendum 1: Is an alcoholic additional permitted in work-hours recaff?
Dingo
Dingo
Level 2 Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Popdart5 Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:08 pm

Commissar Karlos Lax leaned back in his chair and rubbed his eyes, partially in frustration but mostly in astonishment at the sheer audacity of what he was witnessing. He sighed deeply as he began composing another communique.

Response to Aide Yekaterina.

Aide Yekaterina,
Excellent work thus far. I am pleased that Guardsman Marn has proven accommodating to your orders. His prior commander noted that he had a certain predilection for engaging in unauthorised activities.

This 'Squirrel' individual concerns me. An underworld operative that has knowledge of Imperial Guard activities is a liability that should be trusted in only the most sure circumstances. Instruct Guardsman Marn that he can approach 'The Squirrel' however inform him that I wish to vet his desired candidate personally before he is engaged in any fashion whatsoever. Perhaps a dinner or restaurant engagement in a non-official manner may be the best way to meet 'The Squirrel'. I trust Guardsman Marn will have no issue with this.

Your approach to this assignment has been methodical and exact. It is recommended that further information is gathered on potential locations before the identified sites are reconnoitred however you may choose a different approach if so desired. If you require assistance with the aerospace log analysis, you have my permission to request the services of a cogitator servitor. You may file such a request under Requisition Form 368 and the description of intended use can be 'To assist in the Master Sergeant's duties until such time that he is fully competent in his position'.

Alcohol is permitted in work-hours recaf Aide Yekaterina however it is my expectation that it will be consumed in moderation. Heavy intoxication or disorderly conduct during work-hours will not be met with lenient disciplinary action. I hope that is clearly understood.

Excellent work so far Aide Yekaterina and I anticipate further success in your assignment.

13th Chryos Regiment
Popdart5
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:32 am

--2 Days Later--

An update on the current investigation.

To begin with Sir, this is no longer a single investigation, but three distinct lines of prosecution. I shall begin by updating the previous case points.

The Adeptus Arbites have raided the Brothel, Restaurant and Automarine Drydock.

The Brothel was temporarily closed while all staff and attendees (found at the time of the raid) were questioned.
The Matron and her 'girls' were most cooperative. We have gleaned considerable intel relating to an apparent 27 active cases, for which the Arbites are sufficiently grateful. We were unable to gain anything pertinent to our own case, save that a person of interest is known to frequent the establishment. That person may have links within Aerospace Command Control.
I have attached a form allowing the formal licencing of the Brothel, this is the price the Matron asks if we wish to use her business as a information gathering hub in the future. I personally see this is a good investment.

The Restaurant was much less useful. The waitstaff and manager appeared to be involved in a smuggling ring. We are unsure exactly what they were smuggling at this stage. Those involved in went straight for their weaponry, and during the Arbites response the restaurant was destroyed. All surviving customers were taken in for questioning.
Once cleared they were then processed for medical treatment.
Once the restaurant has been extinguished a thorough examination shall begin.

The Automarine Drydock is a mystery. Upon raiding the location it was found to be abandoned. Two days ago it was a thriving business. This morning it was empty. The extreme lack of evidence left behind suggests either an internal leak or a professional scrub-down. Permission to allocate investigative resources to some unusual iconography discovered on the floors and walls.

Finally Sir, I have been advised by Trooper Marn that this 'Squirrel' character operates purely external to the Imperial Guard structure. He assures me that 'Squirrel' keeps well away from Imperial entanglements.

I hope this is satisfactory for now Sir.
I'll have to finish some expense and acquisition papers tomorrow morning, as I will be attending a dinner at the officers lounge tonight to establish a rapport with the Air-Marshall's aide. (An unlikable man, but with access to much information.)

Your Loyal Servant
Yekaterina

Addendum 1: I have noticed that the Arbites are... enthusiastic in their response to hostility. This is normal procedure? I must say I approve.
Addendum 2: I estimate that there are no less than 50 brothels in operation within Yandell Major. Is this legal, and can we tax it?
Addendum 3: The alcohol related inquiry was for the Sgt. Not I, Sir.
Dingo
Dingo
Level 2 Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:51 am

--4 hours Later--

Sorry for the lateness of this communicae. But several disciplinary matters need to be addressed, I should have done these this morning but the Arbite raid were underway

Item 1: Trooper Smythe: Uniform Violations
Item 2: Trooper Havertal: Uniform Violations
Item 3: Trooper Gorn: Uniform Violations
Item 4: Trooper Pellk: Uniform Violations
Item 5: Airman Zint: Dereliction of duty
Item 6: Trooper Faine: Disorderly conduct
Item 7: Sgt Cavian: Drunk and Disorderly conduct

The dinner-party is not going well Sir, hence my presence at my desk. I find this Aide Hangleson to be tiresome and offensive. I do not believe much will be gained from this. I will return shortly to the lounge and attempt to salvage something from this evening.

Your Loyal Servant
Yekaterina
Dingo
Dingo
Level 2 Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Popdart5 Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:20 pm

Response.

Aide,

You overstep your bounds regarding the administration of Yandell Major. The activities of civilian enterprises is not under the purview of the Imperial Guard or the Commissariat on Sothis and is a matter for the Administratum. If they seek to tithe such activities, it is their prerogative. I shall pass along your other comments to the Arbites of the 17th Precinct.

Regarding the disciplinary matters, consign them to latrine duties for the following lengths of time depending on their violation:

- Uniform Violations: two days
- Dereliction of duty: seven day
- Disorderly conduct: four days
- Drunk and disorderly conduct: six days

Regarding the investigation, it appears that you gathered sufficient intelligence to warrant a more forceful seizure of information. However, it is my error in judgement that resulted in the situation at the Drydock. I neglected to inform you of the proper stages of an investigation.

An investigation involves three key phases:

1. Initial information gathering, background analysis, and determination of the crime ('scoping the scene')
2. Character and location assessments, planning the final approach to ensure minimal risk of failure ('total encirclement')
3. Arrest, prosecution, and indictment ('capturing the felons')

Your investigation to date has shown your aptitude in the first phase, however you have made a critical error in actioning elements of phase 3 before phase 2 was completed. This is a rookie error commonly known as 'jumping the gun' however this rookie error has tipped off the felons before we could secure a conviction. This could be deeply troublesome, especially if these criminals, traitors, and other delinquents have gone to ground.

I will grant the resources to investigate this strange iconography at the Drydock however this information is not to be divulged, discussed, or shared with anyone else but me. Requisition a scribe-servitor if you need it and scrub it afterwards to ensure that minimal information is available to others. Sothis is in a precarious position at this moment and the events at Yandel Major and the 18th Arbites Precinct indicate that it cannot be known who remains loyal. Remember this maxim: "A suspicious mind is a healthy mind". Trust is a sacred measure that should not be granted so easily.

On that note, inform Guardsman Marn that I no longer require his or the "Squirrel's" services. If he insists on being 'helpful', inform him that I will find whoever this "Squirrel" is, forcefully remove its 'tail', and then I'll discipline Guardsman Marn for the following offences: insubordination, racketeering, deception, defrauding an Imperial Adepta, consorting with known felons, being a known felon, being a general piece of shit, and whatever else takes my fancy. I hope you make this as clear as you can to him.

Finally, once you have retrieved picts and whatever other information that can be scrubbed from the Drydock, this investigation will be formally suspended. You are to return to your ordinary duties and are not to mention or pursue this investigation further without my direct order. You can continue your politicking if you so choose however that is not my concern. What is my concern is if you willfully continue the investigation without my order. If you do, there will be severe repercussions. I hope I make myself clear.

13th Chryos Regiment

Commissar Karlos Lax exhaled heavily as he submitted that correspondence. Probably need to keep electronic dispatches to a minimum as well, he thought cynically. His message to the Aide was harsh, however it needed to be said. The Aide's actions had jeopardised the situation and had potentially nullified any advantage that they had over the traitors. The boys at 17th Precinct were undoubtedly happy with the arrests however the bigger picture, and the true criminals, remained in a state of flux. Karlos smiled to himself as he realised that this is how Judge Montarn must have felt all those times.

Karlos looked at his vox-unit on his desk for a few seconds before picking up the receiver. He dialed a code and waited for the connection to stabilise. A voice came on over the line and Karlos grimaced before he responded.

"Miss Eyde, we need to talk."
Popdart5
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:27 am

-- The next morning, one hour prior to Commissar Lax returning from a daily debrief with the always irritating Air Marshall Trilcon. --

Yekaterina blinked few times in confusion. She re-read the communicae. Yes, the Commissar was definitely upset with her, that was certain.
She rifled through the hard-copy prints of the previous orders she had received. She re-read these as well. As she did so a sinking feeling formed in her stomach. She then hastily scripted a response, grabbed her coat, gun-belt, identi-card, and hurried out to the spaceport garage pool.
Someone was playing a very dangerous game.

It is with considerable concern that I relay this to you Sir. The actions at the three locations were approved, in fact ordered, by... well, you Sir.
I have included a copy of the orders with this message. I am unsure as to what is happening, but I will endeavor to find out.
I will have my comms on me at all times.

Your loyal servant
Yekaterina

Attached File:
"Response to Aide Yekaterina. Dated two days ago, late in the evening.

Aide Yekaterina
As I mentioned earlier today, your work is progressing well, the tenacity with which you pursue my directives is commendable. Now I have considered the matters you raised, and it is imperative that we act upon the matter of these identified establishments immediately. You are hereby authorized to engage the Arbite Precincts most local to each objective and ensure their immediate deployment. 

I would also like you to begin ingratiating yourself into the social hierarchy of the base command staff. I understand there will be all branches dinner party tomorrow evening. This would be an excellent place to start. I hope you will be as diligent in this matter as you are all others. I don't want to find you at your desk after-hours tomorrow night. Lock up as usual and report back in the morning.

I also hope you ensure that this 'Squirrel' character remains off base at all times. While he or she is undoubtedly useful, we can't have them caught on base now, can we? Finally I have a considerable backlog of reports to complete, please do not contact me further about this until the desired action has been taken.

13th Chryos Regiment"

Yekaterina moved quickly from the offices across the wide taxi-strip and down the side of the munitions storage. She edged up to the eastern access doorway, drew her hotshot laspistiol, and scanned the area. Someone was playing games with a commissariat investigation. Someone was making her look like a fool. A... a... A ROOKIE. She would corner this apparent criminal Marn, and she will find out what he really knows.

Yakaterina crept into the darkened shed, eyes darting. Trooper Marn was normally on time. He may be (apparently) a crook, but he was punctual.
"I swear" she began "...if this has been some traitorous ploy to discredit the Commissar, someone..." her gaze settled on a large pool of blood, drag marks leading to, and stopping at, an empty Centaur bay. "... is going to die."

She stepped out onto the runway, as a half-tracked Centaur disappeared around the corner of a distant hanger. "Warp dammit!"
Dingo
Dingo
Level 2 Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Popdart5 Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:56 pm

Commissar Karlos Lax departed from his meeting with Air Marshall Trilcon with a curt bow and left his office. Trilcon was a capable senior officer however his shameless attempts at attaining greater accolades and prestige made him vulnerable and Karlos had to assure him that the analysis of the transit logs and activity reports conducted by Aide was not a judgement on the Air Marshall's activities. He chided himself as he once again regretted his decision to just Aide with that much authority. Her inexperience in such investigative tasks had developed into a grave liability and posed a serious security threat to the 13th Regiment. All Karlos had to do was minimise the fallout of his error and yet the situation was quickly progressing into a full catastrophe.

Karlos quickened his pace to his office and strode in briskly. Aide was absent however it was better that she didn't bother him at this moment. He was about to sit down at his desk and start developing a full report for Miss Eyde following his conversation with her the previous night when he noticed his dataslate blinking. He picked it up and noticed that a message from not longer than ten minutes ago had been received from Aide. He opened it, expecting to find an apology or some other words that remonstrated the measure of her actions. What he found made his blood boil.

"By the Emperor's Golden Throne, that woman is a fool," he swore. Karlos quickly dialed the Aide's vox-communicator. He heard the channel clear as a connection was established and, before Aide could even begin her greeting, Karlos shouted, "Aide Yekaterina, report to your post immediately or so help me I shall convey you to the Emperor personally!" Aide stammered in shock and Karlos cut the connection before he could hear her snivelling.

He paced around furiously as he processed the new information. His thoughts immediately leapt to a physical access and masquerade, however there was no evidence of tampering with his records or equipment and his dataslate communication lines held no record of him ever issuing the suspect communicae. Karlos couldn't discount such an occurrence though, as whoever was involved was being very thorough in their activities. An electronic appropriation of his access privileges was far more likely, however Karlos had no way to prove that.

He glanced at the rogue communicae again and smiled inwardly. I suppose Marn's deception was so great that even the enemy doesn't know who he truly is. That brief feeling of elation was crushed when he realised that if the enemy had full access to his communicae channels, his last correspondence seriously compromised Guardsman Marn's alias. As much as he was a steaming pile of shit wrapped in the arse end of an Ork, Guardsman Marn was now directly in danger due to Karlos' failure. Karlos quickly sent a vox order to the Master of the Motor Pool to instruct Guardsman Marn to report immediately by vox to him however that would take precious time that might not exist. In truth, there were more pressing matters to attend.

Karlos swirled his thoughts around in his head and slowly his fury bubbled. The leak didn't come from the Arbites, it came from his very own office! The sheer audacity of it bridled Karlos however a sinister grin cracked his face. The enemy had undermined him, sabotaged him, and played him like an instrument. But now, they had made an enemy that would not rest until their very bones were ground into the dirt and their names spat upon for millenia to come.

He grabbed the dataslate with the offending communicae and secured it under his coat as the door to his office burst open. Aide stood there slightly disheveled as it appeared that she had run from wherever she had been on the base. She panted a bit before straightening up and began to open her mouth to speak.

Karlos held up his hand to silence her. "Follow me," he ordered. He strode out of his office at a determined pace and Aide strove to keep up. Karlos moved directly towards his Commissarial transport and instructed a driver to take him to the 17th Arbites Precinct in Yandel Lesser. Aide began to speak again however Karlos motioned for silence. The Rhino transport pulled out of the spaceport and began speeding towards the city. If Karlos' suspicions were correct, his discussion about the investigation with Miss Eyde last night had provided another target for his enemies. While he was certain that she was more than capable of defending herself, he wanted to be there to witness it.
Popdart5
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:40 am

It was about 10 minutes into a rather uncomfortable 30 minute trip.
Yekaterina was sitting across from Lax as usual. Hands together, looking at the floor, saying nothing.

Lax had sat through enough interrogations to recognize guilt and fear. But she was displaying none of that. Anyone else would be accused of sulking, but she was giving off a definite 'fury beyond words' vibe. His well trained eye flickered across her frame. Shoulders and jaw indicated... embarrassment yes, but something else. He watched her adjust her gloves and roll her knuckles.
Her gloves.
Her gloves had blood on them.
So did her shoes and pant cuffs.

Just then Lax's comms buzzed to life. A voice message had been left, from Trooper Marn, time stamped one hour ago.
It played quietly into his ear-bud.

"Commissar Lax Sir.
I have arranged the cover identity and personal effects of the 'Squirrel' as you requested.
There's enough enlistment paperwork, deployment details, physical proof, medical reports, and misconduct records to survive an above average background search. I manged to get the dog-tags made up as well, that was great idea Sir.

Are you sure you don't want the details of the forgers I used to be entered into the Arbites database? You know I wouldn't normally question your orders Sir... but these are bad types. A real threat to the Chryos security, I mean... their work is very good. Expensive. Cost me most of the script you supplied to pull this together."

There was sound in the background, like someone getting into a transport.

"I'll be pulling in to meet with your Aide shortly Sir. I had to send Trooper Pillus ahead to let her know I was delayed. Lexi was hard to shake this morning, bloody mooning over some woman in accounts. That and having to go into Yandell Major for the package pickup.

Oh, and one last thing. Again, not wanting to question your judgment Sir, but keeping your Aide in the dark like this is getting harder. She's bloody tenacious, grilling me thorough about the 'Squirrel' identity. She's chasing down every lead like hungry vork'hound... don't think I can keep the 'Squirrel' from her much longer. I'll do my best, but I'm not so keen on getting shot.
For Chryos and the Emperor Sir."

The recording ended there.

Last edited by Dingo on Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Dingo
Dingo
Level 2 Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Popdart5 Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:22 am

Karlos Lax let the recording play out, quietly observing his Aide. Her demeanour remained as rigid as when they had first climbed into the transport. The issue that played through his mind was a question that had nagged him in the background this entire morning: had his Aide been a traitor all along? The blood on her uniform was suspicious enough, however her past actions conflicted with the information that had come through from other sources. Trooper Marn hadn't reported since one hour ago while he had been meeting with Trilcon.

As he kept spinning the dilemma in his mind, pieces started to fall into place. As his Aide, Yekaterina had access to a large number of his files and documents, as well as his Commissarial access codes. If she was determined enough, it would not have been difficult to masquerade using his communication signature and command Trooper Marn and other soldiers around. The fact that made it all the more bitter was that, if true,  she still went through the usual procedures to legitimise her treachery and he had signed off on it. That was unforgivable. Despite all this, the facts didn't match completely and numerous questions remained. The truth remained indeterminate. The potential threat remained though.

Karlos stood up in the confines of the Rhino and he watched as the Aide's distant stare glanced up to look at him. He fished a keepsake of his former occupation from his belt and held the manacles at his side.

"Stand up Aide," Karlos ordered. "You are under arrest under suspicion of treachery against the Imperium. You are ordered to surrender yourself to my custody."

Last edited by Popdart5 on Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Popdart5
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:08 am

The absolute shock on the face of Yekaterina was almost a silent scream.
She just sat there, looking stunned for a moment. Slowly she raised her hands and complied with the order. She had gone pale, and moved like a faulty automaton.

Karlos watched as his Aide. His training decoding her every emotion as she slowly went from shocked, to confused, and then settled on angry. Even so, she kept her tongue and simply sat and glared at the wall. Eyes blazing with rage.

He had seen this reaction a few dozen times before now, back when he was an Arbite of the 17th precinct. It was the rage of an innocent suspect trapped within the bounds of the law.
The quiet, silent, acceptance of such a predicament however... this he'd seen only twice. Once when one his squad mate was charged with fraud, and the other when his Shift Officer was accused of theft. Both acquitted in due course, both held their peace until AFTER the truth was revealed. Then? Well, it was a bad time to a criminal for that week.

10 minutes later his comms unit buzzed again. This time it was Trooper Marn in person:

"Commissar! Are you alright? Is Yekaterina with you? Is she okay? The base security is all over a crime scene here. Someone's been bumped off in the motorpool shed 11. I've got a bad feeling it might have been Pillus. I was meant to meet Yekaterina ages ago but I got caught in traffic coming back from Yandell Major. She was meant to be here for the..."

He paused, the voices in the background grew quieter as moved away from the action.

"...uh, the fabrication package handover. The boys tell me she called them in, raised hell doing it too. They were in the middle of searching the area and about to start reviewing the security picto feeds when she got a call and bolted out the place. No-one can find her, and..."

Marn sounded breathless. "Are you okay Sir? What's going on?"
Dingo
Dingo
Level 2 Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Popdart5 Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:19 pm

Karlos held his Aide's gaze while Trooper Marn babbled over his comms. The fire in her eyes showed that she was going to be steadfastly defiant but at least she had the common sense to not begin hurling accusations in the confines of the transport. What was that old saying? he thought to himself. Ah yes, "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned." Well I never agreed to make friends in my career so I guess she'll just have to vent her fury like all the other 'innocents'.

Trooper Marn had ceased his communication for a few moments before Karlos had even realised. He clicked on his comms and began speaking to his felon of a soldier.

"Trooper Marn. Thank you for responding to my communicae. I would question what exactly you were doing in Yandell Major so early in the morning however that disciplinary action can wait.

I have taken the Aide into custody under suspicion of treason and I'm transporting her to a secure location. That is all you need to know at this time.

Your orders, Trooper Marn, are to remain in the base until I return and not to step but a single foot out of line. I shall deal with your indiscretions later. The matter in the motor pool is to be handled separately by the base security forces and you are to assist them as best you can.

Until I return Trooper Marn, you are ordered to keep your nose clean. Do not disappoint me."

Karlos closed his communication channel before Trooper Marn could respond. As much as he was satisfied that he was secure, it didn't detract from the fact that Karlos would prefer as little communication with the rotten scamp as he could.

As Karlos sat back down on the opposing bench, Aide continued to fume in indignation. He faced her and held her fierce gaze for the next few minutes in utter silence. Karlos remembered back to when he used to do this to other criminals, leaving them to mull over their own thoughts until they cracked under the relentless interrogation. He hoped it wouldn't come to that however, if Aide was the traitor, she would be a difficult person to break.

The transport continued to thunder down the highway and entered into Yandel Lesser at speed. A few more minutes passed in silence before Karlos felt the deceleration and gradual stop of the vehicle.

"Get up," ordered Karlos. Aide slowly rose to her feet, not actively resisting the order but not snapping to attention as she might of in better circumstances. He nudged her forward as the ramp descended and unveiled the entrance to the 17th Arbites Precinct. Karlos directed her forward and began to blend into the hustle and bustle of the Arbiters moving around the precinct. A few people moved to stop him but it seemed that his reputation had preceded him and they backed off. Good, he thought. No more delays.

Karlos directed Aide up to the third level, keeping a close eye on her the entire way. To her credit, she didn't try and run and didn't even try and call for help. Her behaviour indicated either true innocence or utter confidence in whatever plot she may have concocted. Time would tell who she really was.

They came up to a quiet section of the third floor, away from the other offices and desks of the local narcotics division. He had been here for about two years as a junior Arbiter, back before the war began. He approached a door that bore the label [ACCESS PROVIDED TO JUDGE MONTARN AND GUESTS ONLY] and rapped on it forcefully.

"Miss Eyde," Karlos announced. "I hope you don't mind my unannounced visit."
Popdart5
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down