ComicMovieGeeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lore of Darkness Bugs

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Lore of Darkness Bugs Empty Lore of Darkness Bugs

Post by Cowboy Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:46 pm

Lore of Darkness is a Home Brew RPG system. It is heavily modelled off the 40k Fantasy Flight RPG with several different mechanics and rule alterations translated across from Pathfinder and Star Wars Fantasy fight. In addition to these there are some complete over hauls on familiar rules such as equipment and Aether (Psychic) powers. As this is a cherry picked mash up of rule sets, it is inevitable that their are going to be bugs in the LoD system. If you find something that might be a bug or simply need a rule to be clarified, discuss your findings here.
Cowboy
Cowboy
Level 2 Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Lore of Darkness Bugs Empty Re: Lore of Darkness Bugs

Post by Mifurey Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:26 pm

A few miscellaneous items:

Two weapon fighting prerequisites in table (pg. 77): WS 40 or BS 40
Two weapon fighting prerequisites in entry (pg. 90): WS 35, no BS mentioned

Starting silver instructions on pg. 11 contradict the background-specific rules on pgs 15 onward.

Elite advancements instructions feel out of place: tell me about normal advancements first!

What do the ranks for Characteristic advances mean?

Lots of the Talents have prerequisites written in terms of a Dex score, but Dex is not one of the Characteristics in LoD.
Mifurey
Mifurey
NPC Story Character

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowboy Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:50 pm

Thanks for the Update on bugs! appreciate the assistance.

Two Weapon fighting has been amended: Requiring WS/BS 35 and can be purchased for both Melee and Ranged combat. Both are needed to dual wield 1 of each.

Generating Starting Silver has been edited to outline the fact that each background generates wealth using a different number of D5 dice.

Elite Advancements have been moved to be apart of the Advancing Chapter. Rather than the Character Creation chapter. The Advancing Chapter explains how to advance your character normally and then introduces the Elite Advances.

Dex as a prerequisite has been removed from the talent section and changed to Agility (Ag).

Characteristic Advance Ranks:
Cowboy
Cowboy
Level 2 Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mifurey Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:36 pm

Howdy. How does the 'Peer' rule work? It's not listed in the book yet.
Mifurey
Mifurey
NPC Story Character

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowboy Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:16 pm

Peer [Fellowship][Social]
Prerequisite: Fellowship 30
The Character knows how to deal with a particular social group or organisation. He gains a +10 to all Fellowship and Renowned tests when interacting with this chosen group. This talent can be awarded multiple times for the same group, in which case it should be recorded as Peer (X), with X equalling the number in the parentheses time 10. In addition, when a character gains this talent his Renown increases by 1.
Cowboy
Cowboy
Level 2 Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Popdart5 Tue May 03, 2016 12:55 pm

The Hardy talent is listed in the table but there is no specific extended description. I assume it's the same as the standard 40K version however I just want to make sure.
Popdart5
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

http://taynumenera.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Comander.c Tue May 03, 2016 11:43 pm

Query: With the Discipline and Resilience change you've given them both the General Aptitude, thus making at least the first level of this accessible.

With Coordination being similar but for Agi based tests, It has Agi and Finesse as aptitudes, rather than Agi and General which would be in line with the other two, Is this correct?
Comander.c
Comander.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowboy Thu May 05, 2016 11:54 am

Popdart5 wrote:The Hardy talent is listed in the table but there is no specific extended description. I assume it's the same as the standard 40K version however I just want to make sure.

Yes its the same as Hardy DH2ed, When undertaking medical treatment or healing, you are always treated as if Lightly wounded.

Comander.c wrote:Query: With the Discipline and Resilience change you've given them both the General Aptitude, thus making at least the first level of this accessible.

With Coordination being similar but for Agi based tests, It has Agi and Finesse as aptitudes, rather than Agi and General which would be in line with the other two, Is this correct?

No, Coordination is not as easily accessible as Discipline or Resilience. As it is intended to be a more broadly applicable version of Acrobatics. Will consider alternatives, but for now the rule is as it reads.
Cowboy
Cowboy
Level 2 Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Popdart5 Thu May 05, 2016 2:44 pm

The Burly talent has a different set of aptitudes in the table (Strength, Fieldcraft) compared to its extended description (Strength, General). In addition, the table lists a prerequisite of Strength 40 while the description lists Strength 35. Which version of Burly should be used?
Popdart5
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowboy Thu May 05, 2016 2:59 pm

Popdart5 wrote:The Burly talent has a different set of aptitudes in the table (Strength, Fieldcraft) compared to its extended description (Strength, General). In addition, the table lists a prerequisite of Strength 40 while the description lists Strength 35. Which version of Burly should be used?

I have edited Burly. It now requires Strength 40 and its aptitudes are Strength and General
Cowboy
Cowboy
Level 2 Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Popdart5 Thu May 05, 2016 3:46 pm

In respect of the Tireless talent, how is that intended to work with the current fatigue system? I know it was originally included in Only War however fatigue now carries greater penalties so the talent may require some adjustment. Would Tireless now mean that all penalties from fatigue are ignored if the talent is taken?

In addition, I only just noticed that there is no equivalent to the Ambidextrous talent. Do you plan to include this talent at all?
Popdart5
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

Back to top Go down

Post by Comander.c Thu May 05, 2016 6:57 pm

Cheers on Coordination, just wanted to check since I will need to work on at least trained. Next sesh perhaps.

@Blake, essentially we all have Ambidextrous, handedness isn't such a thing in this system. Otherwise everyone would be a Muppet who tried to carry a shield
Comander.c
Comander.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Popdart5 Thu May 05, 2016 7:11 pm

Only War and all of the other 40K RPGs had handedness being a thing and it didn't affect characters that carried shields. Handedness only applied a penalty to Attack actions made with the character's off-hand. It didn't affect Parry or anything else utilising a character's off-hand aside from Attack actions.

I'm curious if handedness is at all important in LoD. If it isn't, cool. If it is though, Ambidextrous might be required.
Popdart5
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowboy Thu May 05, 2016 8:46 pm

Popdart5 wrote:In respect of the Tireless talent, how is that intended to work with the current fatigue system? I know it was originally included in Only War however fatigue now carries greater penalties so the talent may require some adjustment. Would Tireless now mean that all penalties from fatigue are ignored if the talent is taken?

In addition, I only just noticed that there is no equivalent to the Ambidextrous talent. Do you plan to include this talent at all?

Will revisit the Tireless talent at a later date once the Travel rules are solidified.

The duel wield talents function as Pathfinder. There is no table reference to view yet but it will be

Main Hand    Off Hand
Normal Penalties                                                                 -40          -60
Off Hand Weapon is Light                                                      -30          -50
Two Weapon Fighting Feat                                                     -20          -20
Off Hand Weapon is Light + Two weapon Fighting Talent             -10          -10
Improved Two Weapon Fighting                                              +0           +0

and no handedness is not a thing
Cowboy
Cowboy
Level 2 Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Popdart5 Thu May 05, 2016 10:32 pm

The Inspired Conviction talent has a listing in the table but does not have an extended description.

In addition, the Pack Mule talent lists Strength 35 as the prerequisite with the Strength and Fieldcraft aptitudes in the table. In its description, its aptitudes are Toughness and Fieldcraft and its prerequisite is Toughness 35. The table and extended description are also different so I'm unsure which option is the intended version of the talent.

EDIT: I only just realised it but if handedness is not a thing, then there should be no additional penalty for wielding a weapon in your off hand if you are dual wielding. So in the list of penalties above, the penalty for dual wielding should be the same for both hands regardless of if you have the Two Weapon Fighting talent or not.
Popdart5
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowboy Fri May 06, 2016 3:25 pm

Will check up on the talents mention.

Also the reason for the difference between the penalties above is based on the pathfinder rules. It comes down to what the weapon class (light, heavy or great) is and base ability to hit. Handness in the ff sense doesnt come into play for extenuating penalties or which on the short term makes duel wield easier and cheaper to get. In other words the penalties above will not change. The above is what will be in the book.
Cowboy
Cowboy
Level 2 Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Popdart5 Fri May 06, 2016 3:47 pm

Sorry. I may not have been clear but I was referring specifically to these two penalties.

Normal Penalties:             -40 (Main); -60 (Off)
Off Hand Weapon is Light: -30 (Main); -50 (Off)

If handedness is irrelevant then there should be no distinction made between which hand is your main hand versus which is your off hand. I know these penalties are drawn from Pathfinder but those rules also made the distinction that weapons used in the off hand were less effective than weapons used in the primary hand.

If people can wield weapons, items, or anything else equally well in either their left or their right hand, the difference in penalty for someone attempting to dual wield without the Two Weapon Wielder talent should not exist. The penalty for wielding a weapon in either hand should be the same for both hands for each circumstance, ie:

Normal Penalties:             -40 (to each hand)
Off Hand Weapon is Light: -30 (to each hand)

The other situations would have modifiers as you've written.
Popdart5
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowboy Fri May 06, 2016 3:53 pm

Ok then handedness does exist and is relivant.
Cowboy
Cowboy
Level 2 Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Popdart5 Fri May 06, 2016 7:03 pm

The Acrobatic talent may either require updating or removal as it refers to the old Acrobatics skill.
Popdart5
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowboy Fri May 06, 2016 7:20 pm

Ok so Tireless, Acrobatic, and Pack Mule have been updated. Anything else mentioned is attached to several other parts of the book and will require time to edit.
Cowboy
Cowboy
Level 2 Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Comander.c Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:34 am

Talents: The Hatred Talent is referred too in the list and a prereq But not listed out in detail in the Talent List.

There are three different Talents that do much the same thing. "Air of Autority, Commanding Rhetoric, Master Orator." They change the amount of NPC's you can influence from 10X Fel to 100, AoA and MO apply to different skills, but Commanding Rhetoric covers all social skills, which seems redundant if the other two are around. Just checking if there was purpose there or just leftover talents.

It would also be great if the Talent Descriptions listed the Tier of the Talents. It would make buying them alot faster, rather than having to back and forth from full descriptions to the short list too see how much it actually costs. Smile
Comander.c
Comander.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowboy Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:09 pm

Cool beans i take a gander at it tonight. Thankyou for the bug report!
Cowboy
Cowboy
Level 2 Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Comander.c Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:12 am

The Bug Testing process too often err's on searching for what is wrong - since if its right we leave it be.

So! Whilst it's on my mind too - Some positive feedback.

I really liked the changes to Combat formation. Removing the shared Int is more immersive (and balanced, from experience.) and allowing the ranks in Lore: Warfare to boot the party bonus reflects a combat leader type's tactical skills and training with the party in a pretty cool way. Very much plan on getting this Talent Soon.

Same with the Awareness-Combat Sence Talent. Nice way to make it worth getting (not for me tho, My perception is shit, like 26 Razz)

I don't know if Violent Desperation is a New one, But its a great way to really make a Bezerker - Added it to Dorn when i updated him. Such an angry little shit now. A true master of Rocket Tag!

Keeping an Eye on Shield Bash, i like the flavor of the Concussive effect over the shield dealing any real damage, Just about putting the enemy on the back foot.

Comander.c
Comander.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowboy Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:11 pm

sup, as its raining and ive finnished working for the week ill attempt to hit some of these issues on the head tonight. If anyone else has found anything or would like to see something added/moved/revised/detailed now is a really good time to speak.

Also i very much appreciate the pros list. It bolsters my moral to get this finished, directs me towards what players actually like and what they want to see more of, and is generally nice to hear.

Attaching talents to ranks was something i saw SWRPG do so i figured out how to do it in the D100 system using talents that players reported to be kinda "meh". or when players said "wouldn't it be cool if the game some how allowed....."

Violent desperation i vaguely remember being based on something. it was a while back now so im unsure if it was provoked by a movie/game/music muse or if i read something that made me want to make a mechanic or rule to reflect it. either way, its a nice talent, it is however on trial as it might need a nerf. im not sure i havent seen it in action.
Cowboy
Cowboy
Level 2 Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Comander.c Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:02 pm

So, the Counterattack Talent when fighting minions. Would One be able to make a Parry attempt, even tho it would stop nothing and use the reaction, to then make the counterattack?

I've seen why the current method of minion attacks works for various reasons, But don't recall if i brought up the following suggestion, and would be curious to know what you think of it? Did you consider and disregard it? If so curious as to why/why it doesn't fit the scope.

Use attacks like Minions use Skills, (I actually really liked that rule) - +5 to hit for each minion assisting, then one hit per DoS (effectively give them all "lightning attack" on all attacks = to the number of minions, then if they were to have lighting or swift just stack it).

It might be easier on the squishier chars, and you could just then parry or dodge, 1 hit avoided per DoS on the parry/dodge- assuming a leader to the unit it would still leave the players a choice between which one to dodge and the units would most often hit many times anyway, but at least the players feel their avoidance skills help some.

Again, the current rule works and has its merits too, suggesting this as just a different idea based on the skills which I ddnt know if it came up?
Comander.c
Comander.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next