ComicMovieGeeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lore of Darkness Bugs

5 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Lore of Darkness Bugs - Page 3 Empty Re: Lore of Darkness Bugs

Post by Comander.c Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:26 pm

Interesting, that you're keeping the weapon skills a purchased skill. You're right tho, not too hard to fork out the 100xp for a fighter class, or 200 for non fighter. Will need to see how the build's go, as that could be an odd 2-400 xp (assuming most players will want a ranged and a melee option) at start.

Will there still be talent's for heavy weapons, i wonder? The idea of being able to swap between heavy and light (assuming the skill is shared) is very cool.

Also, I love the versatility that you've put into humans. very adaptable.

I'd made the same conclusions with weapons skill, a few ripples that may favor certain builds occur to me, but all in all it should speed up combat with the higher possible bonus'

Comander.c
Comander.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tridonus Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:01 pm

Ahoy there, minor suggestion for the handbook. I was going through the list of actions to check grapple attacks. I noticed that there isn't much distinction between default actions and actions that need a talent. This is necessary when certain actions and talent actions are similar. For example the tier 3 talent powerful charge and the knockdown action.
tridonus
tridonus
NPC Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by Comander.c Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:00 pm

Just reading the new Combat section, some comments.

i) Due to the new way Aimed attack works, It seems to indicate that i cannot make an Aim action over separate turns. Would this mean im unable to spend a turn aiming, for example, if i wished to make a called shot the following turn? or perhaps just to compensate for a low combat skill(WS/BS)?

ii) The language "Downgrades the Difficulty Class by X Step(s)" and "upgrading the Difficulty Class by X Step(s)" Still seems needlessly confusing.

When "Downgrade the Difficulty" means "Add 10 to the test" in end effect, its a bit of a double negative. I recognize the language from the star wars system, where it referred to adding dice, which made sense. in a % system, not so much.

iii) The combat manuvres included so far look good, its nice to have something to go off. Likewise the description for Evasion covers everything clearly and preciceley, Nice.

iv) Suppressing Fire, good to see this in. Note: It is useing the old Language "All targets within the Killlzone must then make a Discipline test with a Difficult (-10) Difficulty Class." and the new "If a target fails their Discipline test, they become pinned. If the attacker is using a weapon with the Storm Special quality, the Difficulty Class of the Discipline test to avoid pinning is Ungraded by 1 step.".

v) I like the addition to being poisoned, RE: -10 modifyers and slow strain gain until cured.
Comander.c
Comander.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowboy Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:02 pm

Comander.c wrote:Just reading the new Combat section, some comments.

i) Due to the new way Aimed attack works, It seems to indicate that i cannot make an Aim action over separate turns. Would this mean im unable to spend a turn aiming, for example, if i wished to make a called shot the following turn? or perhaps just to compensate for a low combat skill(WS/BS)?

ii) The language "Downgrades the Difficulty Class by X Step(s)" and "upgrading the Difficulty Class by X Step(s)" Still seems needlessly confusing.

When "Downgrade the Difficulty" means "Add 10 to the test" in end effect, its a bit of a double negative. I recognize the language from the star wars system, where it referred to adding dice, which made sense. in a % system, not so much.

iii) The combat manuvres included so far look good, its nice to have something to go off. Likewise the description for Evasion covers everything clearly and preciceley, Nice.

iv) Suppressing Fire, good to see this in. Note: It is useing the old Language "All targets within the Killlzone must then make a Discipline test with a Difficult (-10) Difficulty Class." and the new "If a target fails their Discipline test, they become pinned. If the attacker is using a weapon with the Storm Special quality, the Difficulty Class of the Discipline test to avoid pinning is Ungraded by 1 step.".

v) I like the addition to being poisoned, RE: -10 modifyers and slow strain gain until cured.

1) You are no longer able to to a "Full Aim Action". This is to off set the +30 that is gained through the Ranged Skill training. The Aim Skill is still effective though, and as Semi/Full Auto Fire is not an uncapped Special Quality for certain weapons, it still works out nicely. In addition, all weapons will conform to a DnD-esk Craft Quality. Where both Masterwork Melee and Ranged weapons will have an innate +10 to hit.

2) Language will go unchanged until a session has been run using it. At this stage the language forces the entire rule book to site and recognise the DC table. Where as before the 40K DC table was redundant. Im on the fence at this stage but the rules are more uniform as a result.

3) sunder still has the potential to change. at this stage it sits nicely, but damaging the environment is not as simple, and cannot use the craft quality rules without harming immersion.

4) Supressing fire needs an edit. not entirely sure what you were trying to say, but i plan to make it a single target action. In short, if you have an auto fire weapon, you can attempt to pin a target by just pissing bullets in their general direction.

5) cool beans. thankyou
Cowboy
Cowboy
Level 2 Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3