ComicMovieGeeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regiment: Spireguard

3 posters

Go down

Regiment: Spireguard Empty Regiment: Spireguard

Post by Skits Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:33 am

Currently WIP!

Regiment Name: Spireguard
Homeworld Type: Schola Progenium (3pts)
Characteristic Modifiers: +3 Willpower, +3 Ballistics Skill OR Weapon Skill
Skills: Common Lore (Imperial Guard), Common Lore (Imperium), Common Lore (War), Linguistics (High & Low Gothic)
Talents: Air of Authority OR Unshakeable Faith
Starting Wounds: +1

Commanding Officer: Circumspect (2pts)
Talent: Foresight

Regiment Type: Line Infantry (2pts)
Characteristic Modifiers: +3 Strength, -3 Intelligence
Skills: Athletics
Talents: Rapid Reload

Training Doctrines:
Iron Discipline (3pts)
- Aptitude: Willpower
Die-Hards (3pts)
- Aptitude: Toughness

Regimental Drawbacks:
Lost Homeworld (-5pts)
- Survivor’s Guilt (2d10 Insanity points)
- Last Survivors (1d10 to replace comrades - 1-2, no replacements, 3-4, from original survivors, 5-10, from outside the regiment)
The Few (-5pts)
- Limited Numbers (To replace comrades, -20 Logistics if majority of the regiment is deployed, or +10 if majority is not deployed)
Warp Delayed (-4pts)
- Officially Non-existent
- Lost Time (1d5 Insanity Points)

Favoured Weapons:
Basic: Grenade Launcher
Basic 2: Suppression Shield
Heavy: Heavy Flamer

Standard Kit:
Main Weapon: Best quality Triplex Lasgun + four charge packs
One set best quality Imperial Guard flak armour with integrated survival/void suit
One uniform
One set of poor weather gear
One laspistol + two charge packs
One knife
One rucksack or sling bag
One set of basic tools
One mess kit & water canteen
One blanket and one sleeping bag
One rechargeable lamp pack
One grooming Kit
One set of ID
One primer or instructional handbook
Two weeks combat rations
Two frag grenades
Two krak grenades

Upgrade M36 Lasguns to Triplex Lasguns (15 pts)
Upgrade Triplex Lasguns to Best Quality (10 pts)
Upgrade Imperial Flak Armour to Best Quality (10 pts)
Add one Favoured Basic Weapon - Suppression Shield (10 pts)
Survival Suit (incorporated into the armour - void suits) (8 pts)

Starting Points: 12
Spent points: 3+2+2+3+3=13
Drawback points: 5+5+4=14
Leftover Points: 14+12-13=13

Starting Gear points: 30 + 26 (2x leftover points of 13) = 56
Spent Gear Points: 15+10+10+10+8 = 53
Leftover Gear Points: 3

Feedback and discussion welcome!

Last edited by Skits on Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
Skits
Skits
Admin

Back to top Go down

Regiment: Spireguard Empty Re: Regiment: Spireguard

Post by Popdart5 Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:49 pm

Don't forget to swap out one of your regular training doctrines for a special equipment doctrine. Based on what you've said about the Spireguard idea, maybe a Covert Strike or Forward Observation equipment doctrine might suit.

Just on the points count thing, regiment creation allows you 12 points to play with which covers your homeworld, commanding officer, regiment type, training, and special equipment. The drawbacks allow you to spend a little bit extra in other areas so that you have spent equal to or less than 12 points. You could actually have a complete regiment created based on your current selection if you swap out one of your trainings for special equipment and only take one of the drawbacks.

When you get to standard kit and extra goodies, everyone has a flat 30 points to spend. However, for every point under 12 that you spent in creating your regiment, you can an extra 2 points to upgrade/supplement your kit eg. regiment costed 10 points, therefore you have an extra 4 points for a total of 34 points when upgrading standard kit.

Hope that helps. Looking good so far.
Popdart5
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

http://taynumenera.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Skits Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:01 pm

Honestly, none of the special equipment doctrines interest me at all. Far as I remember, it didn't say one of the doctrines specifically HAD to be equipment - it only specified that one HAD to be Regiment Type, and we're only allowed a total of three doctrines all up.

As for the drawbacks... yeah, I know the book says only one, but Dom's been running with multiple drawbacks for his regiments, so... XD *shrug* House ruling it, I guess. And yeah, I know about the double leftover points going into extra equipment points, no worries.

I'm not too fussed about having only one or multiple drawbacks - either way, I'm most likely gonna end up with a glut of points that I won't really have anything to do with, even with the leftover points = equipment points thing.
Skits
Skits
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Popdart5 Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:30 pm

Ah my bad, I actually didn't know that about the doctrines and how only one had to be Regiment Type.

And yeah, I might just be quiet so that I don't butt in too much. Sorry about that. If you have so many leftover points just go nuts and possibly equip them with some Best-quality equipment or something like that. With that many Drawbacks you're going to need it because your Spireguard have been through hell and back.
Popdart5
Popdart5
Level 3 Sojourner

http://taynumenera.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Skits Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:12 pm

No worries, man! Butt in away, 'sall good. Very Happy

As for equipment, I'm trying to figure out whether I can replace the M36 Lasrifles entirely with the Triplex Lasrifles, or if they'll just end up with both versions, which doesn't make much sense to me. I could probably do it by just paying the points cost difference between their rarities, since the M36 is Common and the Triplex is Rare, which is a ten point difference. So instead of paying the full 15 for the Triplex and ending up with both, I pay only the 10 point difference and replace the M36 entirely, so they only have the Triplex Lasrifle as their main weapon. Would that work?

Other gear I'm considering:

Knife/bayonet - 2pts
Mono upgrade for the bayonets - 10pts
Laspistol and 2 charge packs as a sidearm - 5pts
Carapace Chestplate - 15pts

So much indecisiveness, so little time... XD
Skits
Skits
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Skits Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:49 pm

Okay, so gone with Grenade Launcher/Heavy Flamer as their Favoured Weapons, since as ship-board Spireguard they would've been trained/experienced more as ship boarding/counter-boarding crew rather than anything else. It just so happened that all those grenades and heavy flamers also worked pretty well against the occasional daemonic boarding, too. XD
Skits
Skits
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Comander.c Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:42 pm

Yea i missed the "only one" thing when i was looking at drawbacks, and several described by guys background exactly.

Gear looks good, may also want to look at Flash Goggles and Re-breathers tho, would suck to loose atmo.

Also i think for 5 points you can select an additional special weapon, which you could assign to some kind of shield to represent human sized boarding shields. I think the Suppression shields are closest.

Good quality suppression shield give 4 ap to the Arm and Torso, And allows a Basic weapon to be braced on it (letting u use the weapon one handed).

When you hit someone with it, its -15 to hit, but 1d10 shocking damage, alto the shocking does have the recharge rule.

with that and the carapace chest, the shield bearers will have a damn nice 10 Chest Armour! making them largely resistant to small arms fire.
Comander.c
Comander.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Skits Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:02 am

Okay so I've updated the regiment, spent their gear points, and I think it's pretty much done for now bar some possible tweaking!
Skits
Skits
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down